I'm going to be in York Region for one week

Status
Not open for further replies.

car55

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
I'm going to be in York Region for one week do to family.

I seem to be doing some thing wrong with my scanner. I have all the talkgroups for fire, EMS and YRP !! But only hear about 3 to 5 calls in one hour for YRP .

The wikipedia page is saying YRP covers over 1.1 million residents !! There has to be more calls than that in one hour .

---------------------------------------------snip---------------------------------------------
York Regional Police ("YRP") is a law enforcement organization that serves over 1.1 million residents in the York Region, Ontario, Canada, located north of Toronto. The YRP was formed in 1971 from the police forces maintained by the nine municipalities which amalgamated into York Region at the time.
---------------------------------------------snip---------------------------------------------

What I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:

VE3JSO

I seem to be doing some thing wrong with my scanner. I have all the talkgroups for fire, EMS and YRP !! But only hear about 3 to 5 calls in one hour for YRP .

The wikipedia page is saying YRP covers over 1.1 million residents !! There has to be more calls than that in one hour .

York Regional Police ("YRP") is a law enforcement organization that serves over 1.1 million residents in the York Region, Ontario, Canada, located north of Toronto. The YRP was formed in 1971 from the police forces maintained by the nine municipalities which amalgamated into York Region at the time.

What I'm doing wrong.
can't say by reading this post but did you program in fleetnet for ems on the king city tower? other then that need more info like what you programed in your scanner

dhollands

The YRP District TGs are fairly busy on the York Region 800Mhz trunked
system.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1572

District 1 & 3 are normally patched together and handled by one dispatcher.

48. YRP. 1 District - Newmarket
80 YRP 2 District
112 YRP 3 District - Georgina, Lake Simcoe
144 YRP 4 District - Vaughan
176 YRP 5 District - Markham

The fire talk Groups are less busy. The dispatch talk groups are;
A2, B2 and C2

The volunteer page outs are on 153.665 PL 162.2

EMS is on the Fleetnet King City site on the Georgian CACC York North and York south TGs.

car55

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
can't say by reading this post but did you program in fleetnet for ems on the king city tower? other then that need more info like what you programed in your scanner

The fire and EMS is not a problem !! They are busy and have lots of calls. But the police for some reason there is little calls about 3 to 5 calls in one hour for YRP .I know they must have way more calls than this for 1.1 million residents .

So some thing is not right .

VE3JSO

They could be sending calls via other means then the radio like text or cell if you are getting other talk groups fine on that system it's not the programming I think

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Pretty sure York prefers to dispatch over their MWS system rather than over the air.

Also make sure you've got your scanner setup to handle patches properly.

You might want to put your scanner into ID Search mode and see if that helps.

Last edited:

scarswell

Hmmm

I bought the Grecom PSR-800 which comes with the entire RadioReference.com library...
I have programmed one "scan list" to flip between each YRP district. And there are very few times when there is no radio activity. (No more than a minute goes by without a call)

The library does have "YRP#" and "YRP Dist #" in the library so perhaps at some point YRP changed their frequencies...?
----

What I'm doing wrong.

dhollands

They have talk groups labeled YORK 1 through YORK 4 for special use like patches to the fire services or other police services. Normal operations are on the dispatch TGs. One and three districts are normally patched together.

I heard on air once that the YORK TGs are recorded the same as the dispatch TGs where as others like special one and two are not.

pathalogical

York can get interesting when they are using their chopper, callsign Air 1 (or 2). In comparison to Toronto police, YRP doesn't get no where near as many silly and idiotic calls. You will hear more radio comms from York EMS than police. If you are near the border of Steeles Ave or even along hwy 7, try and give TPS a listen, you'll see what I mean after a few minutes of listening !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.