Im hoping this is it Radio Shack Model 20-032

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
I just took a very close look at a RS magnet mount I purchased decades ago and this looks exactly like it, except for the connector. My connector is BNC, but I think they made these both ways, with the BNC later.

I just swept the antenna as well and it is friendly on the amateur 2m and 70cm bands/freqs, as well as FRS/GMRS. The higher in frequency the average SWR improved as well. I should note it was a quick test with it on my washing machine lid for a ground plane.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I recognize that antenna with the two coils. Pretty sure the ones I used to use were Mot pin connection before BNC.

Before that model RadioShack sold a magnetic center load monitor antenna with just one coil. That was definitely a Mot pin.

I've got them in my garage somewhere.

They were good performers but had RG58 coax and I knew I could do better with t band with lower loss coax.

Probably didn't use them that much as I am a... hole driller.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
I have 4 of them, adapted to NMO. Used them on all 4 vehicles, performed very well on all bands except 700-800 which was just OK. no longer use them as there is very little low band in my area and my Larson antennas work very well.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I often wonder why I keep all this stuff too. I still have a number of the Radio Shack VHF High, UHF, 800 megahertz ground planes still in the sealed plastic that I bought for next to nothing when rat Shack went out of business, now those I will use!

Keeping magnetic Mount antennas from decades ago that don't work that great on 700 megahertz, that would need an adapter, I don't know. The family is just going to throw it all out anyway when I'm gone. LOL.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
That is what mine says they will work as Transmit Antennas on those bands.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
I would not have guessed it was tuned for 6m as well, but sure enough, thanks for that. Still, I wish they had used 240UF instead of RG58. I need to make or source some 240UF BNC patch cables anyways, so it might get the upgrade. I keep/use it as it is a quick solution for rentals.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
The person didnt know if it was that model , So is the consensus Yes that is a Radiio Shack 20-32 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.