Im hoping this is it Radio Shack Model 20-032

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I just took a very close look at a RS magnet mount I purchased decades ago and this looks exactly like it, except for the connector. My connector is BNC, but I think they made these both ways, with the BNC later.

I just swept the antenna as well and it is friendly on the amateur 2m and 70cm bands/freqs, as well as FRS/GMRS. The higher in frequency the average SWR improved as well. I should note it was a quick test with it on my washing machine lid for a ground plane.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I recognize that antenna with the two coils. Pretty sure the ones I used to use were Mot pin connection before BNC.

Before that model RadioShack sold a magnetic center load monitor antenna with just one coil. That was definitely a Mot pin.

I've got them in my garage somewhere.

They were good performers but had RG58 coax and I knew I could do better with t band with lower loss coax.

Probably didn't use them that much as I am a... hole driller.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
I have 4 of them, adapted to NMO. Used them on all 4 vehicles, performed very well on all bands except 700-800 which was just OK. no longer use them as there is very little low band in my area and my Larson antennas work very well.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I often wonder why I keep all this stuff too. I still have a number of the Radio Shack VHF High, UHF, 800 megahertz ground planes still in the sealed plastic that I bought for next to nothing when rat Shack went out of business, now those I will use!

Keeping magnetic Mount antennas from decades ago that don't work that great on 700 megahertz, that would need an adapter, I don't know. The family is just going to throw it all out anyway when I'm gone. LOL.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I would not have guessed it was tuned for 6m as well, but sure enough, thanks for that. Still, I wish they had used 240UF instead of RG58. I need to make or source some 240UF BNC patch cables anyways, so it might get the upgrade. I keep/use it as it is a quick solution for rentals.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
The person didnt know if it was that model , So is the consensus Yes that is a Radiio Shack 20-32 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.