im looking at getting a pro 162

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

I have to say that I am very pleased with my Pro162 thus far. As far as programming, it is the easiest to program by hand than any of the RS trunking scanners I've owned. I am hoping that Scan-Cat is going to release an update to include the 162, cause as I'm sure others will agree, once you get use to using a PC for programming, its hard to go back.

n2mdk

BuTel has listed ARC160 for the scanner. It's supposed to be out sometime this month.

k9jdk

I've said this on other 162 threads here. I give it thumbs up, its easy to program, nice display, feels good in the hand, etc.

HTH

KM4WLV

Software

Just a heads up everybody. I got an email back from Jim at ScanCat this afternoon, and there will be an update coming out in 2 weeks or less for ScanCat that will support Programming for the Pro 160 & 162. Wasn't sure if anyone else had got this info yet, but I thought I'd share it.

If you want to know when its released, the address to be put on the mailing list is :

www.scancat.com/announcments

And to concur with an earlier post, the 162 is by far the most user friendly trunking scanner as far as programming by hand, and overall operation. Just my .02

xpawel15x

is this a good scanner would i be able to pick up military frequencies

First word of a sentence gets capitalized. This is a run-on sentence, and are you telling us or asking us? (use punctuation marks)

Sorry I had to...:lol:

Noklue3

Just a heads up everybody. I got an email back from Jim at ScanCat this afternoon, and there will be an update coming out in 2 weeks or less for ScanCat that will support Programming for the Pro 160 & 162. Wasn't sure if anyone else had got this info yet, but I thought I'd share it.

If you want to know when its released, the address to be put on the mailing list is :

www.scancat.com/announcments

And to concur with an earlier post, the 162 is by far the most user friendly trunking scanner as far as programming by hand, and overall operation. Just my .02

Anyone know if the 162 has been added yet? I didn't see where it was listed on the website. Thanks.

KM4WLV

I downloaded the Beta s/w from Butel for the 162 & I am much more pleased with it than I have been with my ScanCat stuff. Would reccomend it to people if they are looking for a good software. Looking foward to a full release from them.

lugoffman

I have heard a lot about the 162 can someone clarify for me on which one is better far as receiving , now i like my pro164 i think it does real good but just wondered if the pro162 was more advanced to recieve activity a lot better than the 164 or are they about the same

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Its a matter of taste really!

I love mine!
I have played with the 164. I think for the most part both are pretty even in the reception area. it comes down to what you want feature wise. I love the display on the 162. It shows you everything and I mean everything. On the first top row you see the status,(manual,scan, trunked type ect). On the second row you see your channel tag,up to 16 characters. Third row, you see the actual frequency numbers and receive mode. Fourth row shows you the BANK tag up to 16 characters. Fifth row shows you your PL/DPL tone if one is used. Sixth row shows you your delay,and things like that. All these things you can see at once without having to go to a menu or press any buttons to get at them. To me, that alone is worth the price of the radio. Again, its a matter of personal taste.

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.