• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

I'm looking at...

Status
Not open for further replies.

martymartin

I'm looking at a radio on Fleabay and am wondering if anyone can tell me what frequency and if it is analog/digital programmable. I know it depends on the flashcode, but was wondering if I could do 800 mhz digital conventional with it. I tried Google and came up short.
Thanks...see attached nameplate...oops. Almost forgot Moto Systems Saber Securenet is all it says. For 10.00 it might be worth it?

Last edited:

martymartin

That's what I thought...

It has 2 more days to go...no charger or battery from surplus in Knoxville, TN.
I'm gonna wait till the last minute and "Bam!"
Maybe I'll look up Knoxville's freq list and see what they had, and have now...
Things that make you go hmmmm....

Astro25

Nope, it's some UHF split (hard to tell without actually reading the radio via RSS or opening it up and trying to pull board #s)

I'd wager heavily on it being an ex-gov split 403-433 radio. In that case, it really is worth about $10 then. No way is that baby doin' 800MHz.

Radio_Lady

martymartin said:
I'm looking at a radio on Fleabay and am wondering if anyone can tell me what frequency and if it is analog/digital programmable. I know it depends on the flashcode, but was wondering if I could do 800 mhz digital conventional with it. I tried Google and came up short.
Thanks...see attached nameplate...oops. Almost forgot Moto Systems Saber Securenet is all it says. For 10.00 it might be worth it?
It looks like you're out of luck as far as 800 Mhz or trunking. According to the FCC website, the freq limits for that FCC ID number, AZ489FT4767, are 403 - 520 mHz.

More data on this 1989-certified radio at http://www.fcc.gov/ftp/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Databases/eadf.dat/eadprog/Transmitter-1989.db - scroll down to that FCC ID in the first column.

Also look at https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas...t=500&application_id=19470&fcc_id=AZ489FT4767

Last edited:

martymartin

Holy Crap!

Man you folks are good. Thanks for the info...just been looking out for a good Moto 800 digital conventional radio. Thanks again...can see why it is worth $10.00....LOL!!!

CCHLLM

The 44 in the H44Txxx> is the giveaway that it's a UHF high power (4-5 watt) unit in that series. 41 = low band (if available), 43 = VHF, 44 = UHF, 45 = 800, etc. The power range is indicated by the first number, and the operating range is indicated by the second number. Generally, lower power models would be 31, 33, 34, 35, etc. Mobile units followed the same pattern with 7 or 8 as the first number for the high power models (110 watt). As stated above, the AZ number tells you what the type acceptance range is, but it will require reading the radio with the software to reveal the actual operating split within the type acceptance range. The R in the ARG portion of the serial number indicates it was manufactured in '92.

Last edited:

martymartin

That's good to know...

Well how about this one...
System Saber 800 mhz with smartnet
Comes with:
Used rapid charger { No Cord }
See my other auctions for short antenna.

Radio:
Radios show minor wear, minor scratches on case, & scratches on display as seen in picture.
Model: H04UCF9PW7AN
FLASHCODE: 400004-000000-8

H14 Digital ID Display
H37 SmartNet Operation

Radio also does MDC features as well as MDC Caller ID

I'm still looking for a Saber that will do digital conventional flashcode.
I really appreciate everyone's help here...

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
martymartin said:
Well how about this one...
System Saber 800 mhz with smartnet
Comes with:

Radio:
Radios show minor wear, minor scratches on case, & scratches on display as seen in picture.

H14 Digital ID Display
H37 SmartNet Operation

I'm still looking for a Saber that will do digital conventional flashcode.
I really appreciate everyone's help here...

Systems Sabers did not come in 800 MHz and they didn't have flash codes or do digital either. That model number is from an Astro Saber that will NOT do IMBE digital due to the flash starting with a "4". It's gonna be more of a headache and a money pit to get it upgraded than to just buy a radio that will already do digital.

martymartin

Thanks...

Thanks for the reply. Then what would be a good radio without spending a fortune for the XTX 3000 or 5000? Thanks.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
If it has to be digital, then I'd go with an Astro Saber. You can pic them up all the time for under $500.00. Sometimes, you can get lucky and get one for around $200.00 that does IMBE digital. Don't fall for the old DSP/Host that will only do VSELP.

martymartin

Motorola ASTRO Saber 800MHz Model-2

Motorola ASTRO Saber 800MHz Model-2
Comes with:

Radio:

H14 Digital ID Display
H37 SmartNet Operation

This one says Astro Saber...will this one be good?
Thanks...

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
No.. You need a Flashcode that begins with a 1 or 5.

You also need the host to be R05.xx.xx or later and the DSP to be 05.xx.xx or later.

martymartin

Wow!

I'm gonna have to make a document to go by when looking for a radio. Thanks for the help.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
ATF1224 is right on the money. THAT radio is one of the VSELP radios I warned you about. Sure, you can get it cheap, but it's gonna cost more than some pocket change to make it do IMBE digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.