I'm new here and I have a Worldstar MG-6001

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacdac06

I bought it at Goddwill for 15 dollars. It works great. Any other place like an antique and vintage store, I'm sure it would have costed me an arm and a leg. I know that my Worldstar radio was built sometime I think during the mid 70's. It has analog slidebar tuning. The bands it recieves is AM, FM, TV lo-band, shortwave 4mghz-12mghz, all 40 cb channels, commercial aviation band and 145mghz-174mghz. I love to listen to it on the weekends.
I remember the days even during the early 90's that Radio Shack still had on the shelf an analog slide bar radio that picked up shortwave, cb, and some vhf bands for aviation and public safety. So, I wonder if the days of multi-band radios that even pick up stuff like police, business, ect. are a thing of the past or not.

mciupa

I think that most of us BabyBoomers started out listening to radios like that in the late 60's and 70's. :cool:

Those days are gone like leaving money for the milk man or bread man on the porch. :(

dacdac06

I would love to post a picture of my radio. Before I do that I have pics in my digital camera that I'm going to burn on cd then decide what to put on myspace. After that, I will take a picture of it. By the way, I have another analog multi-band radio; a Montgomery Ward Airline radio. It doesn't work, but the outer casing is in good condition. I like to keep it around because I find it eye pleasing and like to display it.

Status
Not open for further replies.