I'm new to this so bear with me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimbel

I just got back into scanning and purchased a Pro-96 since I heard Louisville PD was going digital. Are the new digital frequencies in the database here at radio reference. I looked and they seem to be the old frequencies not the 800 mhz frequencies. Is there a place where I can download the new frequencies they are using and import them into my Pro-96 without having to do it manually?

Sorry if I have asked something that has been addressed before...

Ken

StinkyB

Need to program Louisville MetroSafe P25 system Here: Louisville Emergency Communications Network: MetroSafe Trunking System, Louisville, Kentucky - Scanner Frequencies . All of louisville emergency will reside there, LMPD just moved all but 4 TG#"s Encrypted, the 4 are thier main talk TG's, EMS has, but all encrypted, Fire will move soon, most local gov't has moved. They are still using a couple of the old LMPD conventional freqs, and I have heard them using some of the others, because they are still working some bugs out. so I would program the conventional freqs for awhile also. Your Pro-96 will track MetroSafe fine. Good Luck

StinkyB

Well! I just updated my .p96 file, this thread inspired me to do it, gimbel if you want I could send you my .p96 file, that would get you going, but you will have to have win96, and the (20-047)USB programming cable.

StinkyB

.p96 file

I would be happy for you to send me the file. I do have the cable and the program so that would be fine.

Thanks,

Ken

gimbel,

Here is a .p96 file that has MetroSafe, and all of the old alalog stuff for Louisville, and Jefferson county, I also put in Kentucky state PD, and aircraft freqs. I had to take out all of my Indiana stuff.

Attachments

• gimbel.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 82

StinkyB

I was at my house in southern Harrison Co. Indiana, I was able to pick up MetroSafe about 66% or more with my Pro96, and my Pro106 picked up hardly nothing.

StinkyB

MetroSafe Reception

Let me know if you have any reception problems. I only get 50-70% on MetroSafe at my house.

I work almost at the Poplar Level Rd, Indian Trail intersection, I get 99%, I must be in an ideal place, I very rarely get any garbling.

Last edited:

gimbel

I'm not getting it...

I loaded the file but I do not hear anything from Metrosafe. Nothing in the 800 mhz range. Any suggestions? I do get a couple of the old Metro PD channels.

Ken

gary40208

I am glad that I found this post. I am new to this also. I just purchased the Pro-106 and have manually loaded some channels in it. Is there a free software program available for programming it? I do have the programming cable and did the upgrade to the firmware okay. Thanks!

Gary Jutz

Last edited:

StinkyB

Nothing

I loaded the file but I do not hear anything from Metrosafe. Nothing in the 800 mhz range. Any suggestions? I do get a couple of the old Metro PD channels.

Ken

First, manually go to 854.4875, which should be the control channel, it should give you some site info, and a % of what it can decode, you will hear a wierd computer sound, you may be in a bad location. Are you using the stock antenna?, if so try this one, it will improve 800MHz reception: 800MHz Scanner Antenna - RadioShack.com

Last edited:

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Win500 has an evaluation period, I think it is 30 days
You can download it from
Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control
after the eval period it is just $35 to register.....Well worth every penny in my opinion

I am glad that I found this post. I am new to this also. I just purchased the Pro-106 and have manually loaded some channels in it. Is there a free software program available for programming it? I do have the programming cable and did the upgrade to the firmware okay. Thanks!

Gary Jutz

gary40208

Thanks for the help!! Right now a lot of the transmissions are garbled. I am aware of the encrypted channels. I am a retired programmer from RCS Communications, so I have a little knowledge of the programming.

Gary Jutz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.