i'm newbie to the scanner hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassPhantom

Hello i'm new to the web site and a newbie to the hobby of scanner listening i have an 20 year old radio shack PRO-43 Hyperscan and i found a Uniden BC346XT handheld online for 100 bucks i was just wondering how good of a radio the BC346XT was and any INFO on this handheld scanner would be greatly appreciated ???

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Welcome to RadioReference. Anything in blue and underlined is a direct link. Click on it to go to that page.

The BC346XT is the analog version of the BCD396XT which I believe was the finest handheld scanner ever produced during it's time. The BC346XT will work on the Volusia County Public Safety EDACS system and any other analog, non-encrypted channels in your area. Click here for your County page.

Trunked Systems are at the bottom of the page. Anything without a "D", "E", "Project 25", "NXDN" or "DMR" in a mode column you should be able to receive.

With the FreeScan Software and a RR Premium Membership you can easily download the programming to your scanner from this site.

Whenever they switch to the digital system you will need a digital scanner however. Check the Florida Radio Discussion Forum for more information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.