im not too smart

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnmadman

Premium Subscriber
346xt. dont know how i did it, but i have a system in group 1 (800 meg) and a conv. system also on group 1. some how, i cant get my conv. freqs on group 1. did the same thing a week ago, got it up and running, but dont rember how i did it.. Quick keys, maybe? (i still dont understand them)....

mtnmadman

Premium Subscriber
Nope, all i have is Macs. i have thought about getting a cheap PC, but i dont want to go there........

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Uniden DMA scanners don't use groups like the older scanners did. The terminology is different and is explained in the links below.

With quick keys think of it as assigning a group number to the programming, instead of programming into a group, as done on the older and GRE scanners.

You can't put a system into a group. Groups are for talk groups and are assigned a Group Quick Key.

Click on the links below which explains DMA scanners and Systems, Sites, Groups, and Quick Keys.

Dynamic Memory Architecture

Systems, Sites and Groups - The RadioReference Wiki

You can do all this without a computer, it will take longer but you can do it.

Last edited:

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Don't know if you realize it but if the 346 is like the 396 you can assign the same quick key to more than one system or group, either by mistake or on purpose. Simply change either the 800 Mhz system or the conventional system to another quick key. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.