Im trying to Update the Firmware on my BCT15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I have Version 1.03.02 and Im trying to updates to 1.03.07 i belive or the current one and my scanner is not taking it. Is there a step im missing like a button to press on the sscanner

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
go to menu and settings scroll nob down to settings click on firmeware

How can you have a firmware version newer than what Uniden has for the BCT15X scanner?

Where are you getting the 1.03.07 firmware version that you are trying to load into your BCT15X? Can you post a link to it?

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
on the bct15x its 1.03.02 on my 996xt its 1.07.03. Thats all I know man. its what im reading off the radios

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
on the bct15x its 1.03.02 on my 996xt its 1.07.03. Thats all I know man. its what im reading off the radios

OK,
Your original post said that you are trying to load the 1.03.07 firmware into your BCT15X....

Im trying to updates to 1.03.07 i belive or the current one and my scanner is not taking it.

That means that you must have downloaded that firmware version 1.03.07 from somewhere to your computer.

Can you answer this question....

Where did you download it from? Can you post a link to it so I can see it, and try to help you?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I cannot.. I have no idea where I got it from

Jason....

I'm guessing that you are trying to apply a firmware update to your BCT15X that was not meant to be applied to that scanner.

Where did you even get the info that there was a 1.03.07 firmware update available for the BCT15X?

Did you see an announcement here on Radio Reference for the new firmware? Can you post a link to that?

Any clues you can provide would be helpful....

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
all I did was look at the firmware and i was wondering if there wass any elese out there. I guess I looked because I bought 2 new RS Pro197s last week and had old firmware in both

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
all I did was look at the firmware and i was wondering if there wass any elese out there. I guess I looked because I bought 2 new RS Pro197s last week and had old firmware in both

OK, I guess I must have read your first post wrong. I didn't realize you were just wondering if a firmware update was available......

I thought you said you were trying to apply the 1.03.07 update to your BCT15X and it wasn't taking it, and you were wondering if you were missing a step during the process.

Im trying to Update the Firmware on my BCT15x

I have Version 1.03.02 and Im trying to updates to 1.03.07 i belive or the current one and my scanner is not taking it. Is there a step im missing like a button to press on the sscanner

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The OP may have miss read the Version Number 1.03.00 (2) (note 2)

Apparently newer units have V1.03.02 loaded in them from the factory, but it's not available from the Uniden site.

crashandrew

Premium Subscriber
yea i noticed this too .... i checked my bct15x that i bought about 2 weeks ago and it has 1.03.02. loaded on it. so i havent seen anything higher then 1.03.02

Last edited:

Blackink

Does that V1.03.02 Firmware have something to do with some California law, or something of that nature.

Seems I remember seeing something about that. As in, only the folks in California need that .02 version?!?

Mine has V 1.03.00....

Status
Not open for further replies.