Immigration & Customs question

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I was listening to my local Immigration & Customs and some of the agents are talking about heading to the OS? Is that a lock up some where?

ecps92

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
OS means Official Station or Operations Station. Just be glad you can hear them - most of their communications are encrypted now. When I lived in NY 95% was encrypted - here in Arizona I'm finding 75% is encrypted 8-(

Mike

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
More than likely you are hearing Border Patrol agents. OS is their slang for Official Station.

When the agents talk to their command center they refer headed to Tampa ICE with one containe ''mispelled''. So not sure if it's my local Immigration and Customs Enforcement or Custom Boarder Patrol. I think it's Immigration & Customs because I can pick up both ICE & CBP on both of their channels which are 168.850 for ICE and 165.2375 for CBP.

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
Premium Subscriber
162.3125 Open Mike?

162.3125 -That frequency has had 4 bars of strength and xmitting nonstop with nothing but static since around 2pm today- area Phoenix Arizona. I think its an open mike, not sure.Right now as of 839PM local Arizona time its still up and xmitting! nothing on- just air or?

Quite a lot of activity and "in the clear" on CBP, ICE and also FBI freqs today- even DEA air traffic, also clear. They were following someone and giving a description - "female, with 2 children" lots of activity. The traffic was made up of active investigation type talk.

Sorry I didn't mark down the exact freqs! I have them saved under names I added into the scanner (DEA air, FBI, etc)

The 162.3125 frequency I got from SoCalFedCom: ArizonaFederal and not from RR frequency lists. In fact most of the active fed freqs I copied from the SoCalFed site - under "Arizona Federal" lists.

162.3125 -That frequency has had 4 bars of strength and xmitting nonstop with nothing but static since around 2pm today- area Phoenix Arizona. I think its an open mike, not sure.Right now as of 839PM local Arizona time its still up and xmitting! nothing on- just air or?

Quite a lot of activity and "in the clear" on CBP, ICE and also FBI freqs today- even DEA air traffic, also clear. They were following someone and giving a description - "female, with 2 children" lots of activity. The traffic was made up of active investigation type talk.

Sorry I didn't mark down the exact freqs! I have them saved under names I added into the scanner (DEA air, FBI, etc)

The 162.3125 frequency I got from SoCalFedCom: ArizonaFederal and not from RR frequency lists. In fact most of the active fed freqs I copied from the SoCalFed site - under "Arizona Federal" lists.

Here is a link to the Federal freqs for AZ from the RR database:U.S. Government Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference. You will see that freq in it.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
When the agents talk to their command center they refer headed to Tampa ICE with one containe ''mispelled''. So not sure if it's my local Immigration and Customs Enforcement or Custom Boarder Patrol. I think it's Immigration & Customs because I can pick up both ICE & CBP on both of their channels which are 168.850 for ICE and 165.2375 for CBP.

Neither of those frequencies are allocated to ICE. That's not to say that ICE doesn't have them in their radios. But if I remember correctly, 168.850 is Border Patrol and 165.2375 is OFO/OAM. Both under CBP (Customs and Border PROTECTION).

Another way to tell who you are hearing is by their call signs and their dispatch ID number. Border Patrol uses 3 digit ID numbers while ICE uses 4 numbers prefixed with a letter in their IDs. Also, Border Patrol's dispatch in Florida is known as "220" while ICE will usually call C-100.

Last edited:

fleef

Premium Subscriber
Ahhhaaa thank you

OK that makes sense thank you for clarification. I created a system adding ICE and CBP frequencies together in my scanner.

Appreciate the info!

As of tonight, that frequency of 162.3125 is STILL open- OR xmitting *something* that can't be heard.

It sounds like an open mike.. full bars, I had to temp lock out as my scanner lands on it and stays all night. Nothing but air/static.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Nothing on 162.3125 down here in Tucson, but I don't have an outside antenna yet.

Mike

ecps92

What PL or NAC ??

OK that makes sense thank you for clarification. I created a system adding ICE and CBP frequencies together in my scanner.

Appreciate the info!

As of tonight, that frequency of 162.3125 is STILL open- OR xmitting *something* that can't be heard.

It sounds like an open mike.. full bars, I had to temp lock out as my scanner lands on it and stays all night. Nothing but air/static.

fleef

Premium Subscriber
What PL or NAC ??

I'm sorry- I am a newb to scanning, how would one find the NAC? All I know is I have that frequency saved in my scanner- and every night, last night as well- that one frequency locks on with full bars yet there is no voice traffic on it. The scanner does not have the ENC or LNK or DAT on the display, what it sounds like to me is just a plain old open mike.

EDIT- I have this frequency saved as a Conventional- is this why no NAC would be displayed?

Last edited:

ecps92

All good questions, but can't be answered until we know the make/model of your Scanner

I'm sorry- I am a newb to scanning, how would one find the NAC? All I know is I have that frequency saved in my scanner- and every night, last night as well- that one frequency locks on with full bars yet there is no voice traffic on it. The scanner does not have the ENC or LNK or DAT on the display, what it sounds like to me is just a plain old open mike.

EDIT- I have this frequency saved as a Conventional- is this why no NAC would be displayed?

N1XDS

ÆS Ø

All good questions, but can't be answered until we know the make/model of your Scanner

ECPS92,

This might help answer his and yours question I found on the FED files website when the owner of the website visited the Phoenix & Tucson area and he posted this information about CBP and the frequencies and NACS & PL tones.

The Fed Files Blog: 2008-11-30

Status
Not open for further replies.