IMPD silent on normal ops tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
ALL IMPD districts have moved all normal traffic to the 3's. This means you will NOT be hearing routine runs at all at least for tonight. Protest/Riot ops will be on the S1 Tacs etc. ISP is on Air Section with full aerial surveillance, and is running Protest/Riot ops on Ops2.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Also believe there is a new layer of S1 - Tacs that are encrypted. S1-T16 was mentioned last night. Also possibly found the USFPS IDPS TG. Can't verify as it is of course fully E. But I have never seen this range before. 13016

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Only bad thing about E TG's on the 396 and 436 is no UID is displayed for the second or so the TG is showing lol... If this keeps going tomorrow I will see about cranking up Pro96Com or UT and see what I can log.

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
Great Job milf,my radios went silent,then i heard IMPD Dispatch told everyone to go to Ch 3,and i heard IMPD ERG Units were on S1-T16,I tried programming that ch no luck,i cant find that ch using wildcard either,Thanks for your Posts

cubn

Database Admin
Also believe there is a new layer of S1 - Tacs that are encrypted. S1-T16 was mentioned last night. Also possibly found the USFPS IDPS TG. Can't verify as it is of course fully E. But I have never seen this range before. 13016
I also heard 13017 ENC tonight.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
S1 T16 through 20 are 130XX and strapped full time E on new codeplugs.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
And currently IndyGo is on S1, patching IG7 to T14. All district ops are back on normal TG's for IMPD and MCSO. There will be more trouble tonight as a parade of honk a honker sign flying cars just rolled through my neighborhood full on calling for "protesting". Being that IN NG rolled into town last night things could get real interesting real fast. Anyone seen the vids of what happens in MN when NG is patrolling your neighborhood, tells you go indoors and you don't? Very educational indeed.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
IMPD slowly moving to District 3's again, MCSO going to Warrants. Can definitely confirm the 1301X are S1-T16 and above. All RID's are IMPD ID's. So far have only seen T16, and T17 in use. Unknown if this will be SOP for ALL events in the future now that the new codeplugs are in and the new APX'es are hitting the streets more and more. I seriously hope they only go full encrypted for "Protest" type events, not for everything from now on.

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering who was on S1-T14 last night,and i just heard NW-1 dispatcher say move to Ch 3,FD Ops-7 was Fire CMD for the downtown incident hopefully FD will do the same tonight,and I to hope PD is only going to use encrypt for special events.again Thanks to everyone providing useful info,

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I've been listening to MET-CD1 most of the afternoon. Lots of traffic about officers being dispatched to vandalism complaints.

However, the dispatcher just made a broadcast that all traffic was to switch to MET-CD3 (encrypted) and MET-IN3 (encrypted).

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yeah ALL districts not already on 3, were just told to go to 3, MCSO to WAR. I am running Pro96Com and logging everything.

Stecomp

Sounds like IMPD moving back to primary channels except downtown district at noon today. I was beginning to wonder since it has been from Sunday afternoon that full encryption of all districts has been implemented. Thinking this might have been the end of monitoring as we know and enjoy it here in central IN.

cognetic

Premium Subscriber
Thinking the same thing about looming encryption... It was very quiet on the non-encrypted channels last night despite the activity nearby at the Governor's home.... and this morning.

In some other cities, the protestors seemed to be re-broadcasting LEO traffic to the masses per some reports.

- cognetic

Sounds like IMPD moving back to primary channels except downtown district at noon today. I was beginning to wonder since it has been from Sunday afternoon that full encryption of all districts has been implemented. Thinking this might have been the end of monitoring as we know and enjoy it here in central IN.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
I sure hope not. Just ordered an SDS100! Been playing around with SDR-Trunk in the meantime. Didn't realize Hamilton County working channels (non dispatch) for Police were encrypted. IMPD is sounding a little more normal tis afternoon but I wonder if they'll go back to Encryption when the curfew kicks in...

GTO_04

I sure hope not. Just ordered an SDS100! Been playing around with SDR-Trunk in the meantime. Didn't realize Hamilton County working channels (non dispatch) for Police were encrypted. IMPD is sounding a little more normal tis afternoon but I wonder if they'll go back to Encryption when the curfew kicks in...

Welcome back! While Hamilton County does have some encrypted talk groups, most of the radio traffic is in the clear. Countywide TG is most used after dispatch and it is in the clear. It was surprising to see some of the small town (Arcadia and Cicero) car-to-car talkgroups encrypted.

GTO_04

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I've been listening to MET-CD1 this afternoon.

However, the dispatcher just made a broadcast that all downtown traffic was to switch to MET-CD3 (encrypted).

Status
Not open for further replies.