IMPD silent on normal ops tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our units got in a pursuit and ended up near the Lilly building off I-70. Hendricks county couldn't patch because they were told Marion c/w was encrypted. Our policy is to go to Marion c/w for pursuits east of Raceway road.
We don't have multi key encryption yet, it's on the agenda for our next council meeting.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
On several occasions over the past couple of weeks, IMPD has moved traffic to encrypted talkgroups in the afternoon and then moved back to "normal" talkgroups in the morning. I don't recall MET-CW ever being encrypted.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Countywide has never been encrypted, but has that option in the new codeplugs in the APX's. I never heard any of the Controllers, Dispatchers, or Admin say to go to the secure CW. They would cut out a lot of interop by doing so, both with ISP, and surrounding agencies. Heck, ISP even was using the (open) S1 Tacs for IC in the last few days, so IPSC will need to have every radio in the area reflashed again so that everyone is on the same page again. Well with Johnson County repurposing a few TG's, and the new lineup Marion County is using, that has to be done anyway,

Status
Not open for further replies.