Imperial County AMR to Hospital

N6RNN

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I keep scanning the local area traffic in the Imperial County. I find all the routine AMR Traffic, Dispatch, County Call etc. However, I haven't found the frequency/TG being used from AMR to Pioneers Memorial Hospital or AMR to El Centro Regional Hospital. Any info on this topic will be greatly appreciated.

When speaking with their personnel, their HT has a specific channel identifier for each hospital.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
In general, when looking for ambulance–hospital comms, it's always worth looking at the MED channels. They may use different CTCSS, DTMF sequences, etc. to select different hospitals, usually on MED-9 (you may hear Orange county there) or MED-10 (used in LA County).

desertscan

TG: 771 is (ECRMC) El Centro Hospital AKA: 26-20
TG: 687 is (PMH) Brawley Hospital AKA: 26-30
I do hear AMR talking to the hospital but not very much. I normally have those locked out. it also depends that site your on. on ICSO site I normally dont hear Brawley hospital thats for PD and FD too. on Brawley site I normally dont hear El Centro hospital and usually I dont hear EL Centro PD or FD. Dont ask me why or how it works I just listen. hit and miss on sites I just recommend listening to the site to the area you want to hear. ICSO for south county and Brawley for north county. Salton city, Sidewinder and Palo Verde im not sure what you might hear or miss. those probably just county SO and FD. Im not an expert here I just listen. I hope this helps you.

Csz1141

TG: 771 is (ECRMC) El Centro Hospital AKA: 26-20
TG: 687 is (PMH) Brawley Hospital AKA: 26-30
I do hear AMR talking to the hospital but not very much. I normally have those locked out. it also depends that site your on. on ICSO site I normally dont hear Brawley hospital thats for PD and FD too. on Brawley site I normally dont hear El Centro hospital and usually I dont hear EL Centro PD or FD. Dont ask me why or how it works I just listen. hit and miss on sites I just recommend listening to the site to the area you want to hear. ICSO for south county and Brawley for north county. Salton city, Sidewinder and Palo Verde im not sure what you might hear or miss. those probably just county SO and FD. Im not an expert here I just listen. I hope this helps you.
Hello I have a unication g4. I only hear amr. Do you know what Talkgroup etc...Is for Calexico Fire AMBULANCE to the hospitals (2620/2630)? How can I monitor that Channel also .

Also.. why can't I hear Westmorland and Calipatria Fire Depts? I hear everybody else except for those 2 fire depts. Frequencies etc .. are correctly programmed

Last edited:

desertscan

Hello I have a unication g4. I only hear amr. Do you know what Talkgroup etc...Is for Calexico Fire AMBULANCE to the hospitals (2620/2630)? How can I monitor that Channel also .

Also.. why can't I hear Westmorland and Calipatria Fire Depts? I hear everybody else except for those 2 fire depts. Frequencies etc .. are correctly programmed
as for the unication g4 I dont know the answer you would need to do more programming I guess. Im sure you have already looked on youtube. Im familiar with uniden, whistler, ETC. All ambulances use the talkgroup listed to communicate with said hospitals. Clx FD uses 26- for their ambulances I believe one is 26-70 identifier I cant remember the other one. as for Westmoreland and Calipatria they are dispatched thru Brawley FD dispatch. Calipatria is dispatched as Calipat fire and usually Westmolreland is dispatched as station 8 fire sometimes Westmoreland fire. I dont know your location but best repeaters for south county radio traffic is ICSO, Hendrix Pk and Superstition in that order. for Brawley, Westmoreland and Calipatria including PMH will be the Brawley repeater and has alot of south county traffic. the one thing I have noticed is when LE went encripted alot of FD scanner traffic dropped too. my scanners are mostly quiet alot of the time. almost forgot most communication is on a tac or comand talkgroup after dispatched. there is no transparency here in the Imperial county they hide alot of what happens here. have you tried the old page out frequencies. ICFD 153.7700 CT:179.9, ICFD 154.4300 CT:110.9, ECFD 153.8900 CT:110.9, CFD 154.3700 CT:110.9, BFD 154.0100. I havent tried these in a while but I know ECFD and ICFD still work. they are just a page not used for communication. I might be out of range of Brawley. my antenna not the same with all these storms in the past yrs. I hope this helps.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Looks like Pioneer has a single VHF repeater licensed on 152.285 MHz:

That’s probably security/ops and wouldn’t be used for medic-hospital.

El Centro Regional Medical Center on the other hand DOES have licenses for UHF Mednet:

They also have this one likely for security/ops (likely MotoTRBO digital based on emission):

And Schaefer Ambulance (if they still exist?) is still licensed on lowband on 47.56 MHz and 47.60 MHz.

Based on the above my guess is they primarily use RCS talkgroups 687 and 771 or cell phones for patient reports, but definitely program the UHF med channels since El Centro has licenses for them and see what you find.

We don’t get many Imperial County submissions so definitely report back and/or make a submission if you find anything new.