Import entire State or multiple counties at once to Fav. List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
I have a BCD536HP at a new site. It's hooked to a 4 bay Vhf up around 100+ feet. With no propagation enhancement I can hear the half of two States.

I would like to build a favorites list that is basically all the Missouri County systems or at least the Western half. It's tedious at best selecting each one. Is there a way to import an entire State into one list or select multiple counties at once?

mancow

Database Admin
I think this should have been in the Uniden software support form. Can someone please move it? Thanks.

marksmith

No. Systems are added one at a time to a favorites list.

Favorites lists max out at 1 megabyte. Won't fit half a state.

You can't monitor half a state at one time so no reason to build such a favorites list. It is called the full database and already exists.

If you actually travel enough around half a state, you just need a GPS to monitor the full database.

The alternative is to create a number of favorites lists that each is under 1 megabyte in size and scan all of those at one time. Good luck following anything that happens. Could be 15-20 minutes for the scanner to go through the many lists.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
I'm not travelling. It's hooked to an enormous fixed antenna. I like to let it just sit and roll at times on the smaller conventional counties to see what's out there skipping in.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Probably can't fit all in one - but use add on range - try it at your home zip and max range, then try with some other zips and append to the first one.

1st just try the full db at max range.

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
Probably can't fit all in one - but use add on range - try it at your home zip and max range, then try with some other zips and append to the first one.

!st just try the full db at max range.

Oooh yea I forgot about that! Thanks!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Well if a guy really wanted to, he could but great care and ARC536 software would be needed.

Go to your C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Database folder. Copy the s_000029.hpd file to another location on the computer. (That's the data file for Missouri used by the scanner when scanning the full database). Give it a new name.

Then, use ARC536 to open and edit that newly named file. (You'll have to remove some things because it is 1,009 KB, which is larger than the 1MB maximum allowable file size for the scanner.)

So at least in theory it could be done. Probably not very practical from a realistic purpose - suggestions above are better.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
it is easy in Sentinel. In addition to doing add channels on range, you can do this:

1. Make a list of the counties you want to monitor.

2. Navigate to the state in the sentinel main DB and unfold the counties by clicking the + icon.

3. Pick the first county for the state in the list and click the + next to it to see nationwide, statewide, and county.

4. Click statewide. All statewide systems will show in the panel on the right. Click any system, then press ctrl-a to select them all. Press ins to add them all to your favorite list.

5. Click county. All county systems will show in the panel on the right. Click any system, then press ctrl-a to select them all. Press ins to add them all to your favorite list.

6. Repeat step 5 for all the remaining counties on your list.

Make sure you favorite list has location control turned on.

marksmith

As long as you don't exceed 1 megabyte, the above will work, otherwise, the radio won't load it.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

phask

Premium Subscriber
it is easy in Sentinel. In addition to doing add

Make sure you favorite list has location control turned on.

For what the OP wants, I think he would want location OFF - he is just trying to get everything he can, from a fixed location.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
you can manually enter the coordinates and create a location, "big antenna site" for example. Then, scanning the full database, adjust the range to encompass the areas you're trying to cover. In this case you'll, of course, need to use location control.

Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.