BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Import into TRX-1 scanlist From BCD436HP Favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to take 1 favorites list from the BCD436HP and import it into a scanlist on the TRX-1? All the frequencies are conventional DMR channels that I'm monitoring for activity and would like to have the same list on both scanners. There's well over 100 frequencies and I would hate to type them in one at a time. Any help, suggestions, step-by-step instructions would be appreciated. Thanks!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It depends on the software you are using with the TRX-1. Is it capable of importing conventional frequencies from a text file (CSV or Tab delimited) or the Windows Clipboard? If yes then you should be able to.

troymail

Silent Key
It's possible to do some cut and paste from Sentinel or possibly from the text file created by Sentinel but it will be somewhat tedious.

Are the channels/frequencies posted on RRDB? It would probably be better/easier to create new scanlists from the EZ Scan Library.

Ubbe

Only way I have found are a bit complicated but will save time if you have many records to transfer.

Connect computer to Uniden scanner using mass storage mode. Go to the scanners BCDx36HP/favorites_lists folder and open the "f_list.cfg" file with notepad. The F-List line have the names of your favorite lists followed by the hpd file names that the scanner uses. Copy that hpd file to your PC and rename it to a text file I.E. "436.txt"

I use OpenOffice Calc but Excel should have the same functions. Open the txt file in Calc and specify that you want to import it as tabulator separated.

Your alpha tag will be on a "Site" line and its frequency on a "T-Freq" line. You can delete all the other lines.

To get alpha tag and frequency on the same line you click on your first tag and select to insert cell and choose to move the existing ones down.

Uniden rounds off the last digit so if you have 6.5KHz channels you have to correct them. A frequency like 421.65625 will be presented as 421656200 and you must then select the column with the frequencies and choose "edit/seach and replace" and have "200" replaced with "250". If you needed to do that then you probably also need to replace "700" with "750".

Whistlers import function are not smart enough to know that 421656250 equals to 421.656250 so that must also be fixed. Highlight the column with the frequencies and select to "format cells". Select numbers to be user defined. In the format description type ###.######

Final procedure are to make the frequencies import as DMR in EZScan. Write DMR in the next cell to right of the first frequency. Copy that cell and highlight the rest of the cells in that column and paste DMR into them.

Now save the calc sheet as a txt file and import into EZScan and select the correct fields for alpha tag, frequency and mode.

If you have other conventional frequencies you want to transfer you do the same thing again but doesn't have to insert a cell to match tags to frequency lines and don't have to insert DMR modes.

/Ubbe

troymail

Silent Key
Only way I have found are a bit complicated but will save time if you have many records to transfer.

Connect computer to Uniden scanner using mass storage mode. Go to the scanners BCDx36HP/favorites_lists folder and open the "f_list.cfg" file with notepad. The F-List line have the names of your favorite lists followed by the hpd file names that the scanner uses. Copy that hpd file to your PC and rename it to a text file I.E. "436.txt"

I use OpenOffice Calc but Excel should have the same functions. Open the txt file in Calc and specify that you want to import it as tabulator separated.

Your alpha tag will be on a "Site" line and its frequency on a "T-Freq" line. You can delete all the other lines.

To get alpha tag and frequency on the same line you click on your first tag and select to insert cell and choose to move the existing ones down.

Uniden rounds off the last digit so if you have 6.5KHz channels you have to correct them. A frequency like 421.65625 will be presented as 421656200 and you must then select the column with the frequencies and choose "edit/seach and replace" and have "200" replaced with "250". If you needed to do that then you probably also need to replace "700" with "750".

Whistlers import function are not smart enough to know that 421656250 equals to 421.656250 so that must also be fixed. Highlight the column with the frequencies and select to "format cells". Select numbers to be user defined. In the format description type ###.######

Final procedure are to make the frequencies import as DMR in EZScan. Write DMR in the next cell to right of the first frequency. Copy that cell and highlight the rest of the cells in that column and paste DMR into them.

Now save the calc sheet as a txt file and import into EZScan and select the correct fields for alpha tag, frequency and mode.

If you have other conventional frequencies you want to transfer you do the same thing again but doesn't have to insert a cell to match tags to frequency lines and don't have to insert DMR modes.

/Ubbe

There you go - not tedious at all.... Keep in mind that the alpha tags on the Whistlers need to be shortened as well.

:lol:

Seriously - use the library and import (if possible). The only reason I can see for not doing so means you have alot of information you aren't willing to submit and share... if so, shame, shame.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Ubbe and Troymail
None of the frequencies are in the RRDB, that would sure make it easier. All of the frequencies are potential DMR and I'm trying to find all the active ones and identify what and where they go. As soon as I have a system identified, I will surely submit it into the database. Almost nothing is listed as DMR in my area, mostly just the ones that I've already submitted! I will give your method a try.

troymail

Silent Key
Thanks Ubbe and Troymail
None of the frequencies are in the RRDB, that would sure make it easier. All of the frequencies are potential DMR and I'm trying to find all the active ones and identify what and where they go. As soon as I have a system identified, I will surely submit it into the database. Almost nothing is listed as DMR in my area, mostly just the ones that I've already submitted! I will give your method a try.

A couple of other options -

1. Have you used/tried Justin's Digital Frequency Search tool?
Digital Frequency Search

2. I have a similar program that will find all DMR, NXDN, and/or frequencies in general for a city/county and create importable lists. I use this to compile lists of frequencies for an area and test them for digital modes - even if the license doesn't indicate digital (yet). I can send you a sample.

Both are much easier options than all that tedious cut and paste, etc.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
A couple of other options -

1. Have you used/tried Justin's Digital Frequency Search tool?
Digital Frequency Search

2. I have a similar program that will find all DMR, NXDN, and/or frequencies in general for a city/county and create importable lists. I use this to compile lists of frequencies for an area and test them for digital modes - even if the license doesn't indicate digital (yet). I can send you a sample.

Both are much easier options than all that tedious cut and paste, etc.

This is what most of the frequencies came from, but I've done so many edits, additions, deletions, etc, and the favorite list on my 436 was up to date. I have completed my task and got all the info imported into both my 668 (dmr enabled) and my trx-1. It ended up being about 175 frequencies that I imported because I selected my county and the 2 counties on either side of me. Thanks all so much for the help! Couldn't have done it without you.

Status
Not open for further replies.