Import Issue with FreeSCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AChupp2

Premium Subscriber
I have only had my 396XT scanner for a few days but downloaded the FreeSCAN software the other day and after getting a premium RR subscription I imported a few things for my area.

I decided to open FreeSCAN again today to import more into the scanner but after clicking import trunked system from RR and having the import screen pop-up and signing in, there is no button at the bottom that says import as it does in this screenshot from the wiki:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/File:FS_RR_trunk_import3_v8.JPG

I am at a loss as to what I should try. I have closed the program, uninstalled it, reinstalled it and restarted the PC but can't get the button to appear. I have nothing showing below the All and None buttons. The window is on the display and I have tried moving the window up even and there is still nothing.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The warning is correct - no scanner can read an Open Sky system. It will import them, but don't expect to hear anything but junk and noise

This is documented in the user guide. Try another system. Mike

AChupp2

Premium Subscriber
The warning is correct - no scanner can read an Open Sky system. It will import them, but don't expect to hear anything but junk and noise

This is documented in the user guide. Try another system. Mike

That is not the issue. That image is just one I linked to from the Wiki to show what it SHOULD look like with the import button near the bottom. Ignore the warning in that pic as it is just an example of how the pop-up window looks.

I am trying to import a trunked system that can be scanned just fine.

Here is a better image to show what it SHOULD look like (displaying the import button):

File:FS RR trunk import3 v8.JPG - The RadioReference Wiki

Again, when I try to import a system EVERYTHING BELOW the "add" and "none" buttons are not there no matter what I try.

I do appreciate the reply but maybe if you re-read my post it will be more clear what my issue. Or maybe I didn't articulate my issue well enough, which is possible.

Thanks for any and all help.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Which system is the one you are trying to import? Your original post didn't mention it....Mike

AChupp2

Premium Subscriber
Anything for St. Joseph county. No matter what I click on, the import button is never there. It's not like it's faded so I can't click on it. It just isn't even there.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I had no trouble with the Mishawaka system - did you follow all the steps as outlined in the user guide?

Basically the steps are these;

a. Press the CONNECT button and wait for a message at the bottom which tells you when your subscription ends

b. If the COUNTRY doesn't come up as the US, change it from the pulldown

c. Select the STATE

d. Select the COUNTY

e. Select the System you want to import from the AVAILABLE SYSTEMS pulldown. The IMPORT button can't be used until you do this

What am I missing? Mike

Last edited:

AChupp2

Premium Subscriber
When I follow all those steps, just like I did the other day, the import button never shows for some reason now. It's as if there is a glitch in the software as the button is not there AT ALL, in any way.

I really do appreciate the help and don't want to come across the wrong way but I think if you take a step back and re-read my posts it may be more clear what the issue is. I will try to get a screen grab of my computer as well to show what I am talking about.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm at a loss - I can't recreate the issue. Let's see the screen shot

You might consider posting a question on the FreeScan forum at Assaf's site - he's probably there more than he is here (although he does show up here too)

Keep a copy of that screen shot so you can post it there if no one can come up with it here

Just a random thought - change your firewall options or antivirus (some of which have their own firewalls) recently?

Mike

Last edited:

AChupp2

Premium Subscriber
Here is the screenshot. I was connected when I took the screenshot but deleted the password so it wasn't shown here.

There is nothing that is off the screen. Even if I move the window up that is all that is displayed.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).jpg
    Screenshot (4).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 144

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm going to hazard a guess (and it is a WAG) that your screen resolution is to blame. Look how the very bottom of the import screen is completely cut off.

Otherwise I'm out of ideas...Mike

AChupp2

Premium Subscriber
I thought it was the resolution as well. It was the font size instead. Someone changed it and it affected how the pop-up window was presented. I am not much of a Windows user anymore and having to maneuver Windows 8 had me out of my element and not thinking about font size as a possibility as I never mess with that as I only use a Windows based computer when absolutely necessary.

Everything is working fine now.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.