importing bin file to scanner from gre cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcam406

hi guys,im limited to what i can do on a computer,so bear with me.i accidently erased a v-folder from my psr500,so i installed the cd and installed the driver.now heres the question.how do i import the bin file from the cd to my scanner? i have searched and most of the discussions are about using other programming software.i only want to import 1 file from the cd.any help would be appreciated.thx in advance

rwier

hi guys,im limited to what i can do on a computer,so bear with me.i accidently erased a v-folder from my psr500,so i installed the cd and installed the driver.now heres the question.how do i import the bin file from the cd to my scanner? i have searched and most of the discussions are about using other programming software.i only want to import 1 file from the cd.any help would be appreciated.thx in advance

I just did a search of the PSR500 User Manual (pdf) for "v-folder" and the search came up empty. You better start over.

GrumpyGuard

What software are you using? If you have not purchased programing software you can download trial versions of Win500, PSREdit500 or Butel. Using one of the programs you can follow the instructions and replace your v folders.

bigcam406

im using the supplied cd that came with the scanner.the file is on the cd.i already installed the driver.just want to know how to import the file from the cd into the scanner.

mikey60

With the software that comes with the scanner on the CD, you would need to upload the file to the scanner's working memory, and then store it to the scanner's v-scanner folder. Note that uploading a file to the scanner's working memory will erase the current working memory and replace it with what's being uploaded, so make sure you have a copy of that.

Using the other software programs mentioned above will allow you to upload the file directly to the V-Scanner folder without the intermediate step of uploading to working memory. I also have a free program (PSR500DL) on my web site that will allow you to upload the file directly to the V-Scanner folder.

Mike

bigcam406

thanks for the replies.like i said earlier,i accidently erased one of my v-folders,and i read that i could re-install the folder from the provided cd.last night,i thought i had done it,but when i went to run the v-folder,it said nothing enabled.i tagged all of the scan lists,still not enabled.further investigation revealed that when i checked the v-folders memory,it said it was 100%,meaning that no data was transferred,just the scan lists.by the way,its a psr500C.

Status
Not open for further replies.