Importing .csv into Freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.

milcom_chaser

Is there a utiltiy out there to convert a .csv file into .mem or to a UASD format. I don't want to open up
Excel or OpenOffice, and then EZ Grab the contents of the spreadsheet into freescan as I have a lot of files to upload. I used to use Uniden's programming software (i think) as an intermediate step to covert .csv into a format Freescan allows but that was combersome.

Thank you.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I get that Mike, thanks. If you read the post I was looking for a utility to convert file formats.
I believe the ARC (Butel) software will import from *.CSV files. That's an option on the versions I have (I don't have ARC-XT for the latest series of scanners, but suspect it's still an option.) Download it for the free demo period (30 days) and see.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I think we have a simple misunderstanding here - you don't need to go jockeying around to (in your own words) 'convert a .csv file into a .mem or UASD format' or, again, in your own words 'to covert (sic) .csv into a format FreeScan allows'.

EZ Grab can read .csv files directly. It's not necessary at all to go through all that jockeying just so you can import them. Once you copy a file using EZ Grab it will put the data into a new group for you.

Let's see a sample of what you are trying to import - I'm willing to bet that the tools are already there to handle it, but I've been wrong before...

Mike

[edit] Am I correct in assuming you are 'converting' these .csv files so you can do a bulk import? Unfortunately FreeScan can't do a bulk import on multiple .csv files, although in theory if you were to combine all the files you want to import into a single spreadsheet, then use EZ Grab, as long as you don't blow the channel limits, you should be good to go...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.