Importing Database to Proscan

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb1ejw

Local Idiot
Feed Provider
Not sure if this belongs under the ProScan threads, but since the site update this morning, I am unable to import RR data into Proscan. I was in the middle of reprogramming the majority of my scanner early this morning while at work to include several states, and it was working fine until about 8am when I got home. Now, it only lets me log in, and select the country. Nothing else is coming up for selection. Anyone else having this problem?

andyadler

Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same problem -- can't get any further than Country selection. Frustrating, because I'd wanted to update my 396xt before a short road trip I'm now on.

Best...A.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is going to be a ProScan issue. Make sure you contact them for support, as they will need to issue an emergency fix for their software after the updates this morning.

Thanks,

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I was unaware that the RR changes would break applications. What ever happened to the term "backward compatibility"?

I will have a update out around the 1st week of October.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I was unaware that the RR changes would break applications. What ever happened to the term "backward compatibility"?

I will have a update out around the 1st week of October.

Hold on a second here.

The RadioReference Web service is designed to provide backwards compatibility. You are probably calling the SOAP WSDL specification with the "latest" flag instead of a specific version that you wanted to code to. We specifically provided this versioning capability so that when we roll out new features to the Web service, backwards compatibility is provided to the developers and applications so their services don't break.

If you are coding to, and calling the "latest" - that's exactly what you are going to get.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
You're right. Using the "latest" flag. My thinking was backwards.

Hold on a second here.

The RadioReference Web service is designed to provide backwards compatibility. You are probably calling the SOAP WSDL specification with the "latest" flag instead of a specific version that you wanted to code to. We specifically provided this versioning capability so that when we roll out new features to the Web service, backwards compatibility is provided to the developers and applications so their services don't break.

If you are coding to, and calling the "latest" - that's exactly what you are going to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.