• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Importing existing PPS profile to new computer

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Good morning.

I bought a new HP laptop, and I want to program my Unication G5 with it by transferring the information stored in my G5 and/or the PPS in my old laptop.

I've downloaded the software to the new computer, and I found the page (F1) that enables me to import a single profile

Where do I go from here? If I simply connect my G5 to the computer, will it find and transfer my existing profile, or is there something else I need to do first?

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've downloaded the software to the new computer, and I found the page (F1) that enables me to import a single profile

Where do I go from here? If I simply connect my G5 to the computer, will it find and transfer my existing profile, or is there something else I need to do first?

Hopefully you have saved (exported) all the profiles, that is very important to ensure your programming is available in case of issues. If you have saved the profiles, go to the import screen and select the profile you want to use from the saved profile on the computer ( F tab F1 tab ). If you have not saved the profiles you will need to tab C then C3 and read from device, afterwards make sure you export the profile to save it for future use.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
You've got the right idea... open the PPS, connect your G5, then select Import.

View attachment 132576

In fact, if I remember correctly, when you connect the G5, the PPS may automatically prompt you to import its current profile.

Okay . . . I've connected my G5 to the new computer.

The G5's display says "PC Connected," and I've opened the PPS import page on my new computer. The software is asking me to "please select a unipps file," but there's no file to select.

I've opened the Unication file in Windows 11, and there are a lot of folders and files in there that I don't want to tinker with. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple, but I'm not sure what that might be.

Suggestions?

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
My apologies... the answer is in @RaleighGuy 's response:

You need to read from the G5, by going to C and then C3.

My method only works for importing the file from a computer.

That was it!

It looks like I've successfully downloaded and saved the profile from my G5. This was one of those tasks I don't do often enough to any good at it.

I don't have anything to change on the G5, so I'll call it a day and get started on some other stuff I need to do.

Many thanks to lebrunmn and RaleighGuy!!

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)