Importing HP2 list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA1QWH

Has anyone successfully imported a favorites list yet from a Home Patrol 2 to their brand new SDS100? I have 5 or 6 very customized favorites list and hope to avoid a lot of typing again when I purchase the new toy.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so If I have both a 436 and SDS 100, when I update my favorites list, does it matter which profile I use/save the updated list on?

In other words, I update my list, save a new profile to the current date, I can then keep the profile loaded, attach each scanner to update them, and all is fine? I essentially did just that when I flashed the new card on the SDS 100 and it seems to have the same lists that the 436 does except what I did was load my saved profile from last month and updated/saved it under today's date and then loaded it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok, so If I have both a 436 and SDS 100, when I update my favorites list, does it matter which profile I use/save the updated list on?

In other words, I update my list, save a new profile to the current date, I can then keep the profile loaded, attach each scanner to update them, and all is fine? I essentially did just that when I flashed the new card on the SDS 100 and it seems to have the same lists that the 436 does except what I did was load my saved profile from last month and updated/saved it under today's date and then loaded it.
There is no difference in the Favorites list, whether writing it to either an x36HP scanner, or to the SDS100. So any change, correction, or addition would apply to whichever scanner you were programming.

The profiles are different, in selecting which list(s) you want to download and/or monitor, but the Favorites lists are identical either way. You see the same set of Favorites no matter which profile is in use.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Favorite Lists are not part of a profile. They are linked. Any change you make in a favorite list will be seen in all profiles.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks both of you for the information. Also, one other thing I wanted to confirm, whenever there is an update of the RR database and a full force write is sent to the scanner, the full database also updates the frequencies in the favorites list, does it not?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No, never. Favorite lists must always be updated manually.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Oh Snap!

I assumed they would be updated. What I do which works better for me is I take my municipality frequencies for my county that I want and have them in a favorites list named for my county. I figured when I updated the master list since that favorite list is comprised of frequencies from that master list that it would also update. I guess I will need to append that list every once in awhile from the updated RR master database to make sure nothing has changed.

I keep a separate favorites list for DMR frequencies that I have located through digital search that I can not find listed in the RR database and soon will also create a similar list for NXDN frequencies. I can totally understand the DMR and NXDN not updating being they are manually imported separate from the RR database.

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Updating Favorites Lists from Database Updates

What's the actual 'workflow' on those updates? Let's say I have a fave list with local town's PD FD EMS freqs in it, may be there are several other freqs too....If I want to capture any chages to thiose PD FD EMS freqs, do I append to that existing list? Will that OVERWRITE the older entries or must I then compare the 'new/updated' freqs that have been [literally] APPENDED to that existing list?

...I guess this is one thing I have to like about EZ-Scan and the TRX-1, that it offers to update your favorites list right down to control channels or TGs, you get to choose. Still do love my new SDS-100 and my BC-436 and HPs. This would be a good feature to lobby Uniden for.

Last edited:

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
What's the actual 'workflow' on those updates? Let's say I have a fave list with local town's PD FD EMS freqs in it, may be there are several other freqs too....If I want to capture any chages to thiose PD FD EMS freqs, do I append to that existing list? Will that OVERWRITE the older entries or must I then compare the 'new/updated' freqs that have been [literally] APPENDED to that existing list?

...I guess this is one thing I have to like about EZ-Scan and the TRX-1, that it offers to update your favorites list right down to control channels or TGs, you get to choose. Still do love my new SDS-100 and my BC-436 and HPs. This would be a good feature to lobby Uniden for.

That’s a good question. I figured one of the forum “experts” by now would have replied with an answer.

phask

Premium Subscriber

Everyone that does this seems to have their own method.

What I do for my local stuff is manually add anything new/changed. BUT I have an extensive set of radios to monitor unknowns.

I also maintain a list that I use mobile in about 1/4 of the state - I usually just remake it every few months, and/or add any BIG changes manually.

Practice has made creating a fav. list for 1/4 of my state takes 15 minutes or so.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Everyone that does this seems to have their own method.

What I do for my local stuff is manually add anything new/changed. BUT I have an extensive set of radios to monitor unknowns.

I also maintain a list that I use mobile in about 1/4 of the state - I usually just remake it every few months, and/or add any BIG changes manually.

Practice has made creating a fav. list for 1/4 of my state takes 15 minutes or so.

Thanks. Thats good to know as I was also wondering if there was a way to do this any differently than manually adding to it. I know now I need to look to see if anything has changed that isn't digital in my lists, but I suspect not much has since things have been pretty much the same for years.

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Helpful to see these responses. I do maintain that this sort of 'update favorites list from changes to the RR database' would be an extremely helpful and welcome enhancement to Sentinel (hopefully Whistler doesn't have a patent on that!)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.