Importing new TGs into an existing TSYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drafin

Ok I know there has to be a way to import a new set of TGs into a system using WIN500 from the RR database without having to import it as a new system and then copy and paste them over , then deleting the "new system".

I know that may be a bit confusing but just for argument's sake let's say my city has a TSYS and they have 10 new TGs for Parks and Recs. If I want to import it into the preexisting Police, Fire and EMS system can someone help me out on how to do that?

I'm sure its something simple that I have just missed.

Draf

qlajlu

Silent Key
Sorry about the long delay, but I had to do some research because I had never tried it before. I think you will find this answers your question.

Make sure the system you are adding to is loaded in your WIN500 program. Click on the TSYS tab and make note of the System ID number where you want to place the new TGs (see 1st image).

Block_TG_Import_1.jpg

Start a regular import but when you get to the following page (see next image) only expand the Talk Groups, selecting just the ones you wish to add to your existing system.

Import_TGs_3.jpg

At the Web Import Settings page (below), type in the system ID number that you noted at the beginning, make a Scan List assignment, and select the Tag format you want.

Block_TG_Import_2.jpg

Finish the import as normal. Click on the TSYS tab and scroll to the bottom of the TG Objects list. Your new TGs will be found there.

Upload to the scanner and be sure to save the changes to your .p500 file on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.