• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IMPRES firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
just picked up in IMPRES xts/ht1000 series charger off ebay with firmware version 3.30. How current is this, should I update it? I have xts and ht1000 batteries I would like to charge and they are non IMPRES batteries, but in time I would like to get an xts impres at some point.

thanks!

fineshot1

For what you have now i think you are good to go.

If i am not mistaken i think the impress version is up to 3.4 now.

I do not know what the exact difference is between those two versions
but from what i understand it can be a pain to upgrade a impress charger
as i think ya need a special programmer.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think the current version is 3.41 and it does require a special programmer.

The process is quite easy though.

The programmer retains the firmware once loaded and you can flash multiple units without reloading it.

Makes upgrading a gang charger with displays a pretty painless process.

fineshot1

I think the current version is 3.41 and it does require a special programmer.

The process is quite easy though.

The programmer retains the firmware once loaded and you can flash multiple units without reloading it.

Makes upgrading a gang charger with displays a pretty painless process.

Mike - what "programmer" equipment/software is necessary to do this firmware upgrade?

I may have to do this also.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Item Number. RLN5671A

IMPRES FLD PROGMR W/NA/LA PLUG
Unit of Measure: 1 EA

Lead time (days) Available List price Your price Quantity Add to Cart

2 N 183.75 183.75

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Are they availble now. Last time i tried to order one my order got cancelled cause they were backordered/

RodStrong

If you are just charging batteries, is there any real reason to update the firmware on one of these chargers?

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
I ordered one quite a while back when I had a problem with some older firmware.

I keep it up to date with the latest firmware although Motorola hasn't released anything new in quite a while.

RodStrong

V3.41 resolved some issues with XTS2500 and Waris (PR860) batteries not charging correctly or rendering the IMPRES chip disabled, so yeah I'd say it's important if you use those batteries.

Interesting. I deal with hundreds of impres batteries (mostly xts series however), and have never known about this. I have impres chargers that date back to when we were buying mts2000's up to the newest chargers, and they all seem to be fine on even the newest batteries, hence my comment wondering why they should ever be upgraded. Thanks for the info.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I'd have to wade through SRN's on MOL, but IIRC sometime around 2007 they put out 3.41 in reference to customers having issues with XTS2500 batteries.
We have a fleet of XTS2500's at work, and our MSS came out and reflashed the IMPRES MUC's as a precaution a few years back, but we never had any problems (that I am aware of) with our batteries either.

RodStrong

I'd have to wade through SRN's on MOL, but IIRC sometime around 2007 they put out 3.41 in reference to customers having issues with XTS2500 batteries.
We have a fleet of XTS2500's at work, and our MSS came out and reflashed the IMPRES MUC's as a precaution a few years back, but we never had any problems (that I am aware of) with our batteries either.

Well again.....thanks. I guess we have been lucky. I just assumed firmware versions on the chargers weren't relevant if you were only charging batteries.

KJ6HCB

For all following this thread, Im looking to purchase a firmware updater, or rent one for a couple of weeks from someone here (with deposit of course). Thanks!

fire4117

If you're still looking for one, there is a member on Batlabs that is selling 4 of them. Just posted them today.

For all following this thread, Im looking to purchase a firmware updater, or rent one for a couple of weeks from someone here (with deposit of course). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.