• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Impress battery does not charger with a Multi-unit charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

salarazad

Hi everyone,

I have one MotoTRBO battery (NNTN8359A), it is a DP Impres battery; it does not charge with my multi-unit charger (PMPN4283A), the multi-charge is also of Impres type; charger gives a blinking red led.

The battery only charges with a single-unit charger (WPLN4226A) with no issues at all.

Please have anybody experienced a similar thing and what might be the problem? and if there is a possible solution.

Thank you

fineshot1

Your multi-unit charger owners manual should have a list of batteries that are compatible with it.
The PMPN4283A multi-unit charger is an Impress 2 Charger and the NNTN8359 battery in not an
Impress 2 battery so that may have something to do with it.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Your multi-unit charger owners manual should have a list of batteries that are compatible with it.
The PMPN4283A multi-unit charger is an Impress 2 Charger and the NNTN8359 battery in not an
Impress 2 battery so that may have something to do with it.
IMPRES and IMPRES 2 are compatible with each other. Not only can you charge an original IMPRES battery in an IMPRES 2 charger, but the IMPRES 2 batteries will charge in an older IMPRES charger, albeit not as quickly.

In any event, the NNTN8359A battery is compatible with the PMPN4283A MUC, so something else is wrong. The OP doesn't mention if that is the only battery he has issues with in the MUC, or if he has more than one of that particular battery, and if those fail to charge also.

K2NEC

The charger may give a flashing red indication if the battery isn't sitting properly in the charger. Try re-seating the battery firmly and make sure the contacts are clear. I too am wondering if that is the only battery with the problem or if it's something else.

salarazad

Thank you all for the quick answers.

I've checked the PMPN4283A MUC manual and it does support the NNTN8359A as you mentioned.

I have other batteries of this same model, most of them charges normally with the MUC, but a few of them are having this same exact issue of only charging with a SUC.

Does this mean the battery is damaged? or the MUC charger might be giving a lower voltage than the SUC?

if there is some kind of a remedy, I would appreciate it.

K2NEC

The batteries that are giving the error are working fine right? The service life is adequate? And they all charge ok in a single charger?

secureradio01

What is the firmware version of the two different chargers? There have been some issues with Impres Version 4.2 being backwards compatible with some of the older firmware versions in older chargers. I would try a firmware upgrade of the chargers, it fixed this problem for me, I had it occur quite a few times. I purchased the Impres field programmer from MOL and upgraded all of my chargers and now they all work in unison. The part # for the Impres Field programmer is RLN5671A. It includes the power supply, programming cable, USB cable. The firmware updater program is free on MOL. Price is about $175.00 and well worth it. They are in limited supply and MOL has EOL them, so get them while you can.

salarazad

The batteries that are giving the error are working fine right? The service life is adequate? And they all charge ok in a single charger?
yes those batteries work normally and they have a good life span per a charge.
they charge very normally with a single unit charger.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
MOL
I bought one through my personal MOL account and it was $175.00. We started having issues with new batteries not charging in older firmware chargers and I brought my kit in to do an upgrade and it fixed the issue. Then I ordered two for work through my Federal MOL account, which hurt my feelings as they were ~$90 or so each. It has been a few years, but there was a significant price difference.

K2NEC

MOL
I bought one through my personal MOL account and it was $175.00. We started having issues with new batteries not charging in older firmware chargers and I brought my kit in to do an upgrade and it fixed the issue. Then I ordered two for work through my Federal MOL account, which hurt my feelings as they were ~$90 or so each. It has been a few years, but there was a significant price difference.
OUCH lol
I'll have to look into that. Not that I'll use it much but it's one of those things that's nice to have in my tool box. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.