Improving my cell phone signal????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isnt readio related, but I thought I would get some input from the members on here. I'm taking a job this summer where my cell phone signal is little to none (1 bar or less) I was wondering if anyone could recomend a way to improve my signal, or pull signal in (is that last one possiable?)

Any input would be great!

code3cowboy

That is completely radio related. Cell phones are small trunked radios. Do you want to walk around and talk or do you want to talk to the girl of your dreams in a closet? You can start with a simple cellular antenna mounted on your car, with the coax coming to the console or the dash where you have your phone mounted. This will give you several dB. You can get a no ground plane type antenna and put it on an eve or in your attic or on your roof. You could get a mag mount and antenna, toss them on a cookie sheet, and enjoy the benefits. These are just a few ideas.

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I had the same problem in my house. I purchased a network extender from Verizon and now have full service. They gave me a $50 discount on it just for asking and there's no monthly fee.

Astrak

There is also Wilson yagi antenna's meant for this and amplifiers, but that gets expensive.

code3cowboy

If you mean my phone dosent work by having none, possibly.

Lets go back to the original question, where do you want to be when talking on the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.