• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

In Band Mobile Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

I need a Manufacturers Link for a VHF "In-Band" Mobile Repeater capable of Dual Mode (Analog/Digital) I have been told these exist. What I am trying to establish is Repeating from an Analog Handheld to a Digital Astro Mobile. Did that make sence? The Local PD wants to be able to use their Analog handhelds to talk Digitally 'through their digital mobiles' to the SO who is Currantly Mixed Mode Digital but will eventually become Full P-25. I need a Link for Products which are In-Band Cross Mode Vehicular Repeaters. And Hopefully Somewhat In-Expensive. Oh and in Conventional Mode.

Thanks.

rcvmo

Howdy. You can check out

www.pyramidcomm.com

and check out the SVR system. You can also change channels provided that your existing handhelds have the DTMF option or other option board to enable DTMF.

Unfortunately, if your old analog system is 800 MHz, and you're trying to acomplish going from analog 800 to digital 800, then there are many expensive hoops and hurdles that apply. Not to mention the rebanding efforts. However, if you're going from a VHF/UHF handheld to the 800 digital then I would suggest keeping one of your old frequencies for the output of this system. I have a few FD and PD dept.s that are using this system now and love it. The PD likes it due to the fact they can all be on scene, still talk to one another simplex on their old radios, and dispatch, but only one drawback, dispatch will not know what unit is calling because if all units are present and the SVR knows this when it starts "seeing" the other units arrive, it can shut the repeater down on the other cars as they come in. The first on scene will be the master unit.
FD uses it to satisfy our state medical control rule providing "patient side communications", and mutua aid with other dept.s on the 460 MHz band in and around their city.

Anyhow, let me know how you do.

rcvmo

SCPD

In-Band Cross Mode Vehicular Repeater

Yeah Pyrdmid wasn't P-25 at all, Great In Band Analog stuff though. I need to go from/To Analog - P-25. Thanks for the other two, Yeah will let ya'all know how it Goes ...

SCPD

In-Band Cross Mode Vehicular Repeater

There is Such an animal. Made by Pyramid the SVC-200 with a Retail price of $1,250.00 Will Cross Repeate Analog to to a Spectra Digital radio. there are two Notch filters you MUST obtaine aswell, and a series of Cables (One of which has to be custom built) Retail the project Costs about $1,500.00 My Price on an Icom F70D is $1,300.00 so as a way to get around buying Digital Portables, this isn't the Option. However, through several Local PYRAMID Distributers, I got the Price down to about $700.00 Per Unit, Which beats the Price of a Digital Portable Big Time!

The PYRAMID SVC-200 Operates in two modes, it is either a In-Band Low power Vehicular repeater as in: Conventional Repeate from a Car rather than a Tower, or you program a Specific channel into the Portable (the Input) which keys the unit, then the Unit re-broadcasts through the Digital Astro-Spectra Radio. the return Response is the same as the message sent. The Biggest drawbacks are, A-the Conversation from the Portable to the Repeater are Analog and In-The-Clear, B-If two or More Units pull up on a Scene togeather, there supposed to Over ride one or the other. Users have said this is Easier said than done.

Vertex, Has released a Unit that operates in this same Capacity. In Fact it's so new, Vertex is having to go to their Distributers and Teach them how to use the Software. the Price for the Vertex is SUPPOSED to be Considerably less.

Transcrypt International Also makes a Mobile/Portable repeater however, I will NOT cross Mode Analog - to - Digital.

Thanks everyone. Problem Solved! (well at least this one)

SCPD

Comming in at Number-2 is the Vertex XVR-1000 a Full 5 watt, 16 channel Cross-mode, In band (No notch filters Required) Analog/Analog, Digital/Analog, 700, 800, 900, VHF & UHF Vehicular repeater. With Mic and speeker hook-ups and all easily Mounted in the Cruisers consoles. For the Grand Price of $700.00

TranscrypT International Also claimes their Portable Repeater WILL Cross APCO-25 to Analog and visa versa. Price? $599.00

Last but Not least, BK Radio (A divison Relm) has JUST released a Patch cable (with software) where you can unite two BK APCO-25 Portables togeather to make a Portable repeater. With the Housing, Power supply, cables Bells & whistles. $3,500.00

The Midland Titan Series radio is also quoting a Vehicular Repeater as a part of their equipment. the Titan Series by Midland www.midlandradio.com claims to have inter-op capabilities by cross banding, V/U/800/900 & 220. in addition, Midland makes a Titan series Mobile radio with 128 Channels which is DUAL BAND.

Inter-Operability sure is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.