In box self clears as soon as opened

Status
Not open for further replies.

arlo

Premium Subscriber
I use Mail for Windows (Out Look) with Windows 10. I had 3 email accounts and all were ok. I added a fourth account and it worked good for 2 days. Now the inbox self clears as soon as I open it. Emails are gone and not deleted. I googled and did not find an answer. Same account is still good on other computer. Any ideas?

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Change your outlook view (may be filter?) from "Unread" to "All".

arlo

Premium Subscriber
It is on ALL. Strange, but the notice of your reply stayed on view on in box. Wonder if email source makes a difference? I just cycled thru all accounts and in box is empty on new account.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
What kind of email account is it? Do you have access to it from another location/device as well? One thought that comes to mind is that the email account is capable of being accessed as a POP3 account and an IMAP or Webmail account. When being accessed as IMAP or webmail, the email stays in its location 'in the cloud', but when being pulled by a POP3, it is copied from the server to the local device and deleted from the server (at least many times is the default setting for POP3 email handling).

Then again, maybe its ALL spam, so Outlook shuffles it to a spam folder, or you have some sort of rule set up so that the email moves to another folder. No idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.