IN Locution users

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Direct from Locutions list:
Indiana
Indianapolis Fire Department
Wayne Township Fire Department
Plainfield Fire Territory
Washington Township/Avon Fire Department
Speedway Fire Department
Danville Fire Department
Lawrence Fire Department
Decatur Township Fire Department
Beech Grove Fire/EMS Department
Pike Township Fire Department
Johnson County Sheriff’s Office
Bargersville Community Fire Department
Franklin Fire Department
Greenwood Fire Department
White River Township Fire Department
Whiteland Volunteer Fire Department
Gary Fire Department
St. Joseph County PSCC (coming soon)
Penn Township Fire Department (coming soon)
South Bend Fire Department (coming soon)
Mishawaka Fire Department (coming soon)
Clay Township Fire Department (coming soon)

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Since all fire departments in Hendricks County are dispatched by a unified, county-wide dispatch center and the same VHF paging system and same SAFE-T talkgroup is used to dispatch all of them with Locution automation, I think Locution's list is a little bit misleading. For Hendricks County, it should look like this:

Plainfield Fire Territory (including Guilford Township)
Brownsburg Fire Territory (including Brown and Lincoln Townships)
Pittsboro Fire Department (including Middle Township)
Lizton-Union Township Fire Department
Danville Fire Department (including Center and Marion Townships)
North Salem Fire Department (including Eel River Township)
Fire Department of Liberty Township
Mill Creek Fire District (including Franklin and Clay Townships)

INDY72

As to IFD, I can't wait for it to come back on... I think it's been down for almost two days now.

More CAD changes and also some training time. And remember, the official title used is Indianapolis Fire and EMS (IFEMS). Though some folks will never get used to that, same as its IDPS not MECA anymore, IMPD, not IPD, Eskenazi not Wishard, pecan not PEE can..... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kr19

More CAD changes and also some training time. And remember, the official title used is Indianapolis Fire and EMS (IFEMS). Though some folks will never get used to that, same as its IDPS not MECA anymore, IMPD, not IPD, Eskenazi not Wishard, pecan not PEE can..... :)

Thanks for the clarification. I'll get it right eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h00sierdaddy

Since all fire departments in Hendricks County are dispatched by a unified, county-wide dispatch center and the same VHF paging system and same SAFE-T talkgroup is used to dispatch all of them with Locution automation, I think Locution's list is a little bit misleading. For Hendricks County, it should look like this:

Plainfield Fire Territory (including Guilford Township)

Brownsburg Fire Territory (including Brown and Lincoln Townships)

Pittsboro Fire Department (including Middle Township)

Lizton-Union Township Fire Department

Danville Fire Department (including Center and Marion Townships)

North Salem Fire Department (including Eel River Township)

Fire Department of Liberty Township

Mill Creek Fire District (including Franklin and Clay Townships)

All 20 fire departments in Lake County (except Schererville and Cedar Lake) are on Locution, not just Gary.

SCOTTER

I got a question St Joe county is testing the new Rosie the robot type dispatch and what she does is dispatch all the units and at the end of the list she says check your cads for address. If this is how its going to work Im so screwed unless I pick up PD being dispatched to the place FD is at,Is that how it works?

h00sierdaddy

I got a question St Joe county is testing the new Rosie the robot type dispatch and what she does is dispatch all the units and at the end of the list she says check your cads for address. If this is how its going to work Im so screwed unless I pick up PD being dispatched to the place FD is at,Is that how it works?

No

Cardiac69

Premium Subscriber

In the testing phase it usually is like that where they say "Refer to MDT for dispatch address). In Lake County we get dispatched with the unit #'s, nature code, address, then nature code again. I think it will depend on their dispatch software exactly what format it will be in. Here, the Spillman/Locution combo gives you the above. If they use Tiberon or some other dispatch CAD, then I don't know the format.

INDY72

Aural location will give what's typed. Here if it gets real busy they do the see mdt addy thing.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Another reason why Locution would tell the units being dispatched to check the MDT/CAD is if Locution does not understand the address or how to pronounce it. The City/County system I help maintain/manage uses Locution as well as my home county to the east (Wake).
It takes many years to get the Locution database as accurate as possible (and it is still an everyday ongoing process as streets are created/changed).

Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.