In Memory My Father

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
This past Saturday at 4 o'clock in the morning my father gained his angel wings he was 72 years of age. Here is a little about him he was a retired Marine 22 1/2 years 03-11 Infantry and 3043 Military Supply. He did two tours to Vietnam and saved a young marines life in Vietnam when they came across a bridge and a young Vietnamese kid handed one of his fellow Marines a live grenade my father ran up to the Marine and threw the grenade off the bridge to save the guys life. Once he retired of the Marines he went Children's Hospital Security as he employed as a Assistant Director of Security for the Children's Hospital where he worked and everyone loved him there for how well he performed and got the job done.

He enjoyed working, building, fixing old cars he buy from his friends or someone he knew growing up or stationed with in the Marines all over the states he was assigned to. He loved his family, giving his shirt off his back for the people who didn't have much in life he was that kind of person who offered help, listening or give encouragement to people he didn't know that was just the way my father was.

He helped me get through school, help my mother take care of me when I got really sick at a young age when she had to work and couldn't take anytime off. He loved his family, his friends he would make sure everybody was taken care of in life.

Rest in peace my father.

- Jamie N1XDS

K4EET

Chaplain
My condolences on your loss. I just lost my father September 6th. He was just a few weeks shy of 99 years old and was a World War II veteran of the Army’s 883rd Field Artillery Battalion. I bet they are telling lots of war stories at the Pearly Gates to the Angels gathered around there. 73 my friend, Rev. David E. Hamm, K4EET

danesgs

Semper Fi and sorry for your loss. Lost my father in 99 to cancer, he was in the merchant marines and rode "Liberty" ships in WWII transporting troops and supplies to Europe.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Thank you everyone who has posted. I went through my fathers military book he had when he was in the Military he had a lot of photographs of him in his dress blues he was so happy in the Marines he learned a lot being in the Marines. Even saw where he was stationed at and some of the pictures he took while going to duty station to duty station (base to base).

citiot

ʇoᴉʇᴉɔ
Premium Subscriber
Blessings to the OP, and to all of us who've lost our mighty fathers...

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Thank you for the replies. I have family coming in from Florida to help out with stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.