In Memory My Father

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please except my most humble condolences. I lost my father 2-1-2004. He was a USAF veteran and served right at the end and a few years after in Korea. I am a USAF veteran and my brother is a NAVY veteran. There are a few more on my dad's side
Praying for you and your family for comfort.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
N1XDS, I'm sorry to hear about your father. He sounds like a real upstanding guy.

He loved people and had a soft heart for people who wanted to learn things in life how to work on things like old cars or help out do things. His passion was working on old cars he owned or asked to help out on. He had many old cars in his past time ranging from shelby mach one's, 1955 chevy's, road runners and some others. I remember me and him worked on his 1955 he built from the ground up before he sold it to a lady and her husband as a wedding anniversary gift in California.

bharvey2

He loved people and had a soft heart for people who wanted to learn things in life how to work on things like old cars or help out do things. His passion was working on old cars he owned or asked to help out on. He had many old cars in his past time ranging from shelby mach one's, 1955 chevy's, road runners and some others. I remember me and him worked on his 1955 he built from the ground up before he sold it to a lady and her husband as a wedding anniversary gift in California.

My dad was a car guy too. When my brother and I were kids, we all used to go to the car shows in the area. There used to be some big ones in our area but they seemed to have dwindled away. One of the things I miss most about my dad is musical knowledge and ability. He could pick up any instrument and play it. Growing up we had all matter of instruments around the house. The only instrument I've never seen him play was a violin. His parents forced him to play it as a kid (He was the youngest to every be a member of the Portland Junior Symphony) and as such, he hated it.

In his later years he suffered a stroke and dementia and could no longer play any instruments. However, if If I were to play a song not to his liking he would call me on it and tell me how he thought it should be done. He passed away a few days before Christmas in 2019 just as all the COVID stuff was getting underway. It's been almost two years now but I still think about him often. Enjoy the time reminiscing when your family arrives. It's good therapy.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Its just hard loosing someone so close and wish they were still here. I miss him so much he taught me a lot through the years. i am going to miss his talks about when he was in the Military, building cars, growing up as a child, having fun and going to races and doing toys for tots for the Military something he loved doing.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Its just hard loosing someone so close and wish they were still here. I miss him so much he taught me a lot through the years. i am going to miss his talks about when he was in the Military, building cars, growing up as a child, having fun and going to races and doing toys for tots for the Military something he loved doing.

That's what I miss most about my Dad being gone - not being able to talk to him. When I would be working on a project, either building a fence, working on a car, etc., Dad would always come over and lend a hand. When failed back surgeries kept him from helping physically, he would come over, sit nearby where I was working and talk with me while I worked. Sadly, dementia took his mind away before it killed his body. I tell folks that everything about my Dad - his wisdom, his humor, his stories, his personalities, died three years before his body did.

I had a rough time back in April dealing with Dad's death. I replaced the control arms on my Honda, something I've never done before. While test driving my car afterward, I thought for a second that I would give Dad a call when I got home to tell him about the new repair that I had never done before. I then realized that I could not.

I could sure use his advice right now. He had a way of seeing things that I could not, in ways I could not.....

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
That's what I miss most about my Dad being gone - not being able to talk to him. When I would be working on a project, either building a fence, working on a car, etc., Dad would always come over and lend a hand. When failed back surgeries kept him from helping physically, he would come over, sit nearby where I was working and talk with me while I worked. Sadly, dementia took his mind away before it killed his body. I tell folks that everything about my Dad - his wisdom, his humor, his stories, his personalities, died three years before his body did.

I had a rough time back in April dealing with Dad's death. I replaced the control arms on my Honda, something I've never done before. While test driving my car afterward, I thought for a second that I would give Dad a call when I got home to tell him about the new repair that I had never done before. I then realized that I could not.

I could sure use his advice right now. He had a way of seeing things that I could not, in ways I could not.....

I agree. My father as well he could see and explain things I never could have to make me understand about what goes in life or in the world. I remember to this day he took me in to one of the Marine reserve centers where my father was stationed at and one of his Marines took me around the building and showed me around while my father was being in a meeting. I also remember going to the air shows getting in all the Military vehicles of all kinds.

I think maybe I am going to start back making Vlogs and uploading them on YouTube again that is something father liked me doing. I just got to find the best lighting settings for my room due to me being having a LED light fan I could always open my blinds and curtains to let the sunlight in I'll check Google to see what everyone recommends.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
To whom it may concern I wanted to take this time out to say thank you to everyone who has posted to say their condolences I know my father appreciates this from the bottom of his heart. My mother as well says thank you for taking your time out to reply to this thread it means a lot to her and I as well.

- Jamie

MStep

Sincere condolences. For those lucky enough to have a good dad around the house in our younger years, I can just imagine how they all helped us along with our "guy" interests--- and all of those joyful holidays when it was the "dad" who knew what radio we wanted and always provided that extra help financially and technically along all the bumps in the road. Moms are great too but, at least when I was growing up, radio was definitely more of a "guy" thing. Dads knew and understood.

dave111c

Premium Subscriber
My condolences on your loss....Lost My mom in August.....We move on from what they taught us.....and cherish the memories

N9PVW

Premium Subscriber
May God bless you and your family. In the last five years, I lost my dad, my mother, my brother, my sister, and my son died last Thanksgiving day.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
With some of the neighbors coming by still and helping me around the house its really nice and peaceful so I don't have to do it all myself. My lawn service gentleman's wife came by the other day offer to help as well. It's good to see there is still good people left in this world who wants to help when someone looses a love one.

Status
Not open for further replies.