In need of a new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

JYFire

I listen to San Diego and Heartland fire I have two old radio shack scanners but they not longer work with the new system San Diego is using what is a good scanner that will work for my area

Alain

The above is a link to a thread which addresses your question to a great degree. The OP is NathanielH which began on June 1st.

SDBud

I listen to San Diego and Heartland fire I have two old radio shack scanners but they not longer work with the new system San Diego is using what is a good scanner that will work for my area

If you have a radio that worked on the San Diego City system, it WILL still work, but may need to be reprogrammed for the new freqs. For the County, Everything BUT the City (and conventional like some fire channels), you need a P2 (phase 2) scanner. For a base unit, the 996P2 works well for most, and the 325P2 handheld is also good. There are more expensive units if you want too the bells and whistles. The best would be the SDS100 handheld or SDS200 base.

Bob1955

Get a Bearcat BCD-996P2 as they are TROUBLE FREE, MUCH lower in cost then the SDS-200 and don't have problems. They were as low as $330 on Amazon.com but jumped up a lot probably due to COVID-19 and the factory shipping into USA. Bearcat Warehouse in Maryland may offer the cheapest price. They also program them and update it to the latest software which is critical for digital performance.
Hope this helps you out.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Avoid the TRX series for SD 700 or NextGen, they don't receive.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.