in New Orleans what site do i need to program

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
In New Orleans for a few days what sites do I need to program? i'm staying on the corner of Orleans and Bourbon streets. Only site im monitoring at then moment is the New Orleans Simulcast.

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
The site you mention is in the heart of the central business district on one of the tallest buildings; you are in its shadow. Last time I was in your area it was the only one I could pick up reliably, if I recall correctly, on an SDS100. You might try the Jefferson metro simulcast, as it is fairly near as well.

Tomcu96

I'm planning to bring it on my cruise in March and looking into bringing it on the cruise ship, I'm wanting to find out what kind of radio stuff dose the port of New Orleans has from them

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
I'm planning to bring it on my cruise in March and looking into bringing it on the cruise ship, I'm wanting to find out what kind of radio stuff dose the port of New Orleans has from them

I can tell you now you won’t hear any police or sheriff everything is encrypted. There is plenty to listen to other than that but none of the fun stuff.

Dufus

I can tell you now you won’t hear any police or sheriff everything is encrypted. There is plenty to listen to other than that but none of the fun stuff.
check the louisiana introp channels i.e. 41513 . burglary in progress call as I type this. maybe this is a link between nopd and assisting agencies???? i know several agencies are in town helping with mardi gras calls. i hear them off the st tammany simulcast .