In Norcross (Peachtree Corners) what can I expect with a SDR Dongle Setup up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxkatt

Maxx Katt, once upon time artist.
I have bought a RTL-SDR. dongle, with a attic installation in a two story house of Tram 1411 Broad Band Discone/Scanner Base Antenna fed by a Wilson Electronics 50 ft. Black WILSON-400 Ultra Low Loss Coax Cable. I will use this with the SDR radio and BC125AT hand scanner.

I am wondering what results can I expect. I know it all depends on the terrain between my station and what I am trying to receive.
So a general answer will be ok in this case.

My primary interest in getting into this hobby was just to get a scanner to listen to truckers on CB radio when we travel so the BC125AT seem to fit that requirement. I have not interest in talking on the radio, so that is why I did not buy a CB radio.

I got the RTL-SDR dongle because it is a cheap way to get into P25 and trunking systems.

Also bought a WILSON 305-38 300-Watt Little Wil Magnet Mount Antenna for my Nissan Pathfinder. Not sure how I will route the cable but will mount the antenna near the middle back of the roof. I guess just down and under the bottom of the tail gate, back up to the driver area.

All my gear will arrive by this Friday 8/28.

Status
Not open for further replies.