In search of Montgomery county Nexedge radio frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomboard13

Premium Subscriber
I'm in search of the Montgomery county volunteer fire UHF paging frequency and the main Nexedge county fire channel RX and PL tone only. Looking to program a NX 300 to receive only have been unable to obtain the information online yet.

jfhtm350

Most times they use their old frequency and convert it to digital. It being nexedge it probably wont have a PL tone. Those are for analog systems.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
There's no need to use a nx-300 radio you can listen to them still. The vol fire is broadcasted in analog still but you can only hear dispatch. You can buy a cheap analog scanner and listen to them

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Thomboard13

Premium Subscriber
Montgomery county

I have several VHF radios one which I use to monitor Christian county because they are still dispatching on a VHF analog system. I got the NX 300 really cheap a while back so thought I could use it since its the only UHF radio I own since my fire department is on VHF P25. I've heard some traffic on the 453.2875 frequency but mostly just static like when you try to listen to a channel that's been changed to p25 on analog. Does anyone know if this frequency is correct?

Thomboard13

Premium Subscriber
Montgomery county

I have confirmed that is the correct frequency for Montg county fire dispatch. Can anyone explain why so many multiple sets of tones for a single fire dept being dispatched? And if anyone has there tone information?

jfhtm350

Different stations have different tone outs even if they are all the same county fire departments. Montgomery Co probably has several stations. Here we have a several on one frequency. A few city FD's and a county rescue and 2 more on their own frequency. I can usually tell who is about to be called out by the tone that is first transmitted. They are all different.

A program called 2tonedetect will decode the tones for you. All you do is record to the computer and open the file with the program and let it decode it.

Thomboard13

Premium Subscriber
Montgomery county

Ok I was just confused hearing some many tones for one dept getting dispatched. I'm just used to one set of tones per dept.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
They use one freq ( forgot what it is I'll post later) and diff tones for each station

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Correct, this is how it is for many counties that have only 1 dispatch frequency, but 3 or more FD's serving the county. Each FD (station) has its own set of tones, and some counties even have an additional set of tones for an countywide call. Example: Copiah County, MS has 11 FD's that service the county. County EOC has 11 different tone sets to page each individual agency, as well as an tone set for paging the EMA guys countywide. this is done over the single VHF freq. In addition, each of the FD's can also dispatch themselves. 7 of these FD's also have their own dedicated freqs as well as sharing the Countywide Fire, and the Statewide Fire freqs. At least once a week, the County freq is busy doing the pager/radio tests, and maybe someone will nab the tone sets for us for them.... As well as for Montgomery Co. :)

vans113

Premium Subscriber
What do you mean by nab the tones? As in record the tones?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Using software such as 2tonedetect etc... Or even an BCD436HP/BCD536HP log them, jot them down somewhere, and add them in the wiki, or post them in the forums where someone can add them to the wiki... :)

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of radio related issues... Has the Clarksville TACN simulcast site gone active yet? Or are they waiting for the rest of the sites in the area to go live?

vans113

Premium Subscriber
Still talking on edacs pro voice to this day. Not sure what's up with it

Status
Not open for further replies.