• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL/XTS5000 In search of XTS RSM nmn6272a

Manny10x

Apologize in advance as I’m new to the forums.

Good day all,

I’m searching for RSM nmn6272a with XTS attachment and the 3.5 mm Jack. I’ve search on eBay and websites but had no luck. I think they have been discontinued although I’ve seen a few here and there from time to time just not for the XTS. I’d like to purchase an authentic one at a decent price if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all for the help.

scfd4

Zip tie technician
Not sure what you’re willing to spend but they have them.

Manny10x

Not sure what you’re willing to spend but they have them.
I contacted them a few weeks ago. They said they were sold out and discontinued. I have checked with all the main google hits. So far I’ve had no luck.

K2NEC

Let me ask this, why are you looking at that mic specifically? Is it for the design of it or do you actually have a legitimate use for it over something like a PMMN4051?

Manny10x

Let me ask this, why are you looking at that mic specifically? Is it for the design of it or do you actually have a legitimate use for it over something like a PMMN4051?
Both, I like the design and have a few RSM including the PMMN4051 and commander II. I used them for work and like the new design quite a bit. I found one on eBay but it didn’t have the jack and it ended up selling. I need one with the 3.5 jack though. Thanks again guys, hopefully I can come across one at some point.

mbnv992

The last place that had these in stock was Wiscomm. This was 6+ months ago now. Try emailing them. Craig always answers my emails within a few hours.

Manny10x

The last place that had these in stock was Wiscomm. This was 6+ months ago now. Try emailing them. Craig always answers my emails within a few hours.
Thanks for the info. I’ll email him and see if they have any available. Thank you, fingers crossed.

sfd745

Reverend Higgy
Database Admin
A very limited run of these were made for the Astro25 series radios. There were practically unobtainium from the gate. They are an APX mic with a XTS connector. I had my hands on one and sold it. The audio was comparable to a Commander II.