In The Box And Going Back 436Hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerjunkie

Well i tried everything under the sun but i cannot get this thing (bcd436hp) to stop missing the first second of transmissions on a p25 phase1 trunked system. i thought i had it figured out but it was doing it again. im tired of only hearing 4 and not 10-4. not only that it wont stay on the system i want to hold on. and the mystery talk ids that are on the radio but no where to be found in sentinel which are encrypted and sound like a rat trying to chew his way out of the radio. i hit avoid button twice to avoid it all together and it only says temp avoid. sorry for my rambling but its sad to have to send this scanner back.other than these issues i really like the scanner.

Last edited:

ten13

Premium Subscriber
I don't own a 436 (nor do I want one), but have handled quite a few, and solved owners' problems on a few more.

With that said, I'm sure there will be others chiming in with "solutions" as well as with lines like, "I live near you and don't have those problems....,' and others saying, "I had no problem programming mine...."

But the overall issue with these x36s, I believe, comes down to just one thing: the systems that these radios are monitoring have, more or less, been designed by Motorola and, to a lesser extent, Kenwood, etc., and to be monitored on their radios. The systems were NOT designed by Uniden to be monitored on Uniden radios.

Granted, there are some flaws with these systems on those "named" radios, but, relative to the scanners, they are minimal.

And, as discussed here many times, getting a Motorola programmed to your "favorite" system requires something close to an Act of Congress.

Anyway, I'm sure there are also many who will agree with you 100%, too.

And short of Unication fixing their Phase II issue, say, tomorrow, there's no alternative right now.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
User error. RTFM.

Pressing the Avoid twice button works on my 436. If the press doesn't register, press again until it says permanent avoid.

If the scanner is playing traffic from talkgroups not listed in the database, and you don't want that, turn ID search off--ID scan. Or you can add the talkgroups and Avoid the encrypted ones in Sentinel.

It would also be helpful if you mentioned what system(s) you're having issues with.

scannerjunkie

The system we have here in illinois is starcom p25 phase1 trunked system. when put beside my other digital scanners they all pick up right at the same time while the 436 is a second behind them. now this is not happening all the time. like say every 5 or 6th transmission.

SCPD

QRT
Did you update the firmware?Turn the squelch down?Set the delays longer?
Its a new toy,you need to give yourself time to figure it out.
Why not contact Uniden first?Maybe they can shed some light .

ChrisABQ

Did you adjust the Digital Threshold and Threshold Levels? Many people say that Manual 5 thru 9 work for them, just depends on the system.

scannerjunkie

Ok so im gonna unpack her and give it another shot. anyone thats from illinois and sees this post feel free to share how you have your 436 set up as far as settings and such. thanks.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Ok so im gonna unpack her and give it another shot. anyone thats from illinois and sees this post feel free to share how you have your 436 set up as far as settings and such. thanks.

Do you use ARC to program by chance? I have sent my Starcom file to a friend with a 436 before he threw his out the window and now he's a happy camper.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Hey Scanner Junkie I'm in northern DuPage County here right outside of the city. Where are you located in the state. If your close PM me and we'll see if we can't get yiu up and running at a Starbucks or Dennys or something. Ibhave the 436 to I had to send the original one I got back because the screen was DOA then I got a 536 and the leds behind the key pad were dead and it went back to there replacements work much better. I know it's frustrating and it'd hard to understand at first. I was lost going from system and group quick keys to the system, dept and channel memory scheme of the HP series radios. If you have any direct questions please ask then so we can help resolve the issues you are having if you are not in the Chicago area. Another possibility would be to meet at CARMA meeting I usually make the Friday nighters but I could make a Saturday meeting if you wanted to meet and talk some things through. Just let me know how I can help.

Bob

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
Another possibility on your clipped front-end audio: If you are scanning multiple transmitter sites, the scanner can be busy checking sites that are NOT receiving the desired talkgroup. Then, when it checks a site that IS receiving the talkgroup, it will have missed the first part of the transmission. Try holding on a site while monitoring a TG, and see if that makes a difference. That wouldn't be the scanner's fault; it's just busy on another site when the TG became active.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Werinshades. I used sentenal to load my 436. Arc sounds like it might be better.

If Bob can't help you out right away and you want to try ARC (I think it's there's a 30 day free trial). send me a pm with your email and I'll send you my Starcom file for my 436. I have my 436 and 536 separated as I don't need as many frequencies in my 536 as it's stationary.

Status
Not open for further replies.