In Vegas need CC FD info

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetypro79

Premium Subscriber
I am here visiting this week
and I've been here the past few days using my home Patrol 2 and I am unable to pick up any Clark County fire dispatch any ideas ? am interested I. primarily Fire

Thanks

John

safetypro79

Premium Subscriber
I should be receiving ?

I see from the data base it's a Motorola Type II SmartZone 800 MHz

Did hear CC rural fire this afternoon around 2

and Iam picking up Metro PD

br0adband

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police are on a 700 MHz P25 Phase II system which should already be in your Home Patrol 2 database if you use Sentinel (as I understand it) - if you're already picking them up you're good to go with that agency.

Everything that was on the analog S.N.A.C.C. 800 MHz system, over a dozen agencies, are now using the digital S.N.A.C.C. P25 Phase I system and that includes all the local fire departments for Clark County, Las Vegas, Boulder City, and Henderson. I'm not 100% certain that the Sentinel database has all that necessary info but I'm going to guess it does (I don't own a physical scanner but I'm aware of Sentinel and how it works with Uniden scanners). The relevant database page for info is here:

Southern Nevada Area Communications Council (SNACC-Project 25) Trunking System, Las Vegas, Nevada - Scanner Frequencies

safetypro79

Premium Subscriber
Thanks so much , I will do a check of info on a channel to see what it shows as format and if needed download from Sentinel DB, I am picking up MPD OK.

John

safetypro79

Premium Subscriber
In checking my "info" on CCSN it indicates it is a Motorola system, 23 Departments, 350 channels as an example on my CC fire info:TG 41008 west dispatch, batt 2

br0adband

That's what the Sentinel database might show because it's still got TGID info from the old analog system - 41008 is indeed the old analog system TGID for Clark County Fire Department - West Dispatch - Battalion 2.

Having said that - and the entire system is still technically a Motorola 800 MHz system, just using digital hardware now - the new digital system TGID for that same channel is 2563.

All that matters is if you're hearing actual broadcasts - you can fix up the Sentinel database info later on or perhaps an update will be issued that brings it up to speed with respect to the now different 4-digit decimal TGID numbers instead of the old 5-digit ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.