Inactive freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two freqs listed as for Courtenay FD and Denman Island VFD have not been active for at least a year. Does anyone know if they have moved to different freqs? If so, do you have them?

Thanks.

BC_Scan

While I don't see any changes to licenses, when I was up there in September I did not hear anything different, I know a repeater was added for Denman/Hornby so I dont see that changing,
in order to assist you better, we need to know a few things, which receiver/scanner are you using ?
what type of antenna are you using, I know I heard a call recently on 155.88 so I know its active.

Inactive Freqs

Thanks for the replies. I moved here three years ago and up to about a year ago was receiving transmissions quite nicely from Courtenay, Hornby and Denman Islands, Union Bay, Cumberland on my old Realistic Pro-2003 which continues to provide good coverage for ambulance far and wide, Comox, Oyster River and Campbell River FD's as well as Marine freq's and CVSAR.

The antenna is one I have adapted from a car radio antenna.

No, I am not a sophisticated radio type.

Cheers.

BC_Scan

Ok some im thinking nothing wrong per-se but antenna is questionable, can you give me the freqs you have in scanner.
Make sure you have 155.175 , 153.950 & 155.88

Thanks. Affirmative 155.580 which is also silent. Will install the other two to see what shows up.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.