Incident in Old Sac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanman6

Goat on fire in Sac River. 4 patiente are injured. Going to Med Center. Frint Street in Old Sac Closed. L Street Division on Firecom TG 47664. B6 patch. Fire fighting operations are ongoing to put out the boat fire. Boat ops on 59504 B9. no fuel or engine fire, just contents onboard. Either someone is BBQing near me or I can smell the fire from my house. It sounds like they've got a handle on it. releaseing engines to stage.

Fire is trying to tow the boat. It seems as the boat is still anchored.

Coast Guard ETA is 1 hour to secure the boat.

Last edited:

Scanman6

Damn Fingers.

Pretty funny, It's a boat. Brings up some interesting imagery though. A giant burning , swimming goat. That would expllain the BBQ smell.

It just hav happened around 2000. I had the scanners on at work and didn't hear anything, but saw a Batallion Fire SUV heading down S Street on my way hone.

Last edited:

Gbcue

I thought it was a goat. LOL.

It's good to know that there are active scanner listeners here in Sacramento, unlike any other city I've lived in.

I just had to call 9-1-1 just 10 minutes ago (vehicle vs. motorcycle). I then proceeded to hear my own address on the scanner even though it was out on the street in front of it. 90-120 second response time! Probably because the fire house is only 1 or 2 miles down the road, if that.

Scanman6

Coincidentally, Enough

Actually fire did call for animal control, but because there was a dog on the boat. There are quite a number of us who listen in the area. I've recieved lots of help from folks and we all pitch in to get down to the details of an incident. Glad to make your acquaintance, BTW.

Last edited:

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Date/Time of Occurrence: July 18, 2008 - 8:02 P.M.
Type of Incident: Multi-Casualty Incident

Sacramento Boat Fire Injures Four Persons

Sacramento- a boat caught fire tonight on the Sacramento River near Old Sacramento. At least two of the four persons on board, jumped overboard and were brought to shore by other boaters in the area.

All four suffered burn injuries and were transported to a local hospital. The burn injuries were reported to be minor.

Sacramento Firefighters were able to board the boat and extinguish the fire. It is not known at this time what caused the fire.

City Council District: District 1:
Councilmember Ray Tretheway
First in District: 1
First in Company: Engine 1
Battalion: 1
Incident Commander: Battalion Chief Mike Bartley
Adults Injured: 4
Total Medic Units 3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.