Incident in Western Henrico County

Status
Not open for further replies.

teched1

On Saturday evening, January 17th between 10pm and Midnight, there was a small single engine plane circling in the far west-end of Henrico County - near short pump. I was unable to pick up any radio chatter and when I phoned the local police, they told me it was a Henrico County Air Patrol aircraft. I didn't know Henrico had an air unit. Anyone know what frequencies this air patrol uses? I tried the Richmond airport frequencies but they werent using those frequencies either.

krooton

Air Unit

That plane is operated by the state police. They have radios set for all the local PD's so they can communicate with whatever agency they are helping.

MOTORHEAD3902

That plane is operated by the state police. They have radios set for all the local PD's so they can communicate with whatever agency they are helping.

We DO have several fixed-wing A/C, and this incident may have seen one of them used, but don't forget that PD Richmond and PD Henrico are partners on a fixed wing unit of their own. They used to come up on our old TAC channel and ID as "Air 1", or use the particular pilot's county unit number (ever hear 847 "Rocky"?).
Again, don't know the particulars of this incident, but it didn't necessarily HAVE to be a VSP A/C.

cheers

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber

As Motorhead say, while it COULD be VSP, it's highly unlikely in the Richmond area.

The Metro (Richmond/Chesterfield/Henrico) aircraft is out and about on the weekends, available to the local law enforcement agencies.

See Toughguy's thread...and welcome all to the forums.

trainman111

The Richmond/Chesterfield/Henrico aircraft operate on a frequency in the VHF Air band. I can't remember it off the top of my head, but I'll go through my lists and find it.

falcon4o

I have heard traffic on this freq 122.925 that was related to local police use in Henrico and the surrounding localities. This freq is not used a lot but is used occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.