Incident occuring in San Pedro

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandpaFrank

There is an incident involving an IED in San Pedro on LA South Bureau Tac 2. 507.0375 and I can only hear 1 side of the conversation sometimes, is that because they're possibly communicating with a Fed radio? Also on Harbor Simplex I cannot hear some officers sometimes when they switch toggles, why is this? Is there a freq Im missing? Thanks

karldotcom

Are you down near the Harbor? maybe one officer has duplex switched on their radio and it is being repeated, while the others are on simplex.

GrandpaFrank

Yes I am down near the Harbor. Is there a way we can receive the Duplex channel? I dont believe I've ever seen the frequency for that.

Radio_Lady

Yes I am down near the Harbor. Is there a way we can receive the Duplex channel? I dont believe I've ever seen the frequency for that.
Duplex and simplex are on the same output frequency, but "duplex" goes through a repeater usually on a hill or mountaintop, and thus has a multi-mile range. Simplex goes directly from one radio to another, so they have much shorter range. The default transmit power on LAPD handhelds is 2 watts on most frequencies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.