incident page network

Status
Not open for further replies.

shumadine

I'm curious as to whether any of the Greater Richmond scanner listeners have ever subscribed to the Incident Page Network service? I'm trying to figure out if it is worth the ~$9 per month to get texts on my phone. I'm thinking that since I don't listen to the scanner but for a few hours a day, this service might help to listen in more "target rich" times.

This site:

City of Richmond, Virginia > Online Services > Current Traffic Information

..already does a pretty good job when there is a City of Richmond fire, but the downside is that you have to be proactive about looking at it, where the IPN service appears more passive and let's you know firsthand when something is going on.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I guess it depends on how many I.P.N. listeners there are here and how well of a job they do in reporting incidents to the service.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I was a member for a while and became a dispatcher for the free monthly service. I don't know if they offer free service for dispatchers anymore. $9 is high in my opinion, but it would probably be worth it if that is what you are looking for.

... I guess it depends on how many I.P.N. listeners there are here and how well of a job they do in reporting incidents to the service.

That's what it boils down to. There could be a major incident and no one log in to give a notification. It just depends on who is reporting in the area and how much they listen.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Ask them to pull up the last month or so from your county and send a list, then you can analyze based on the arvchives

Rob_K

Feed Provider
Check out 1rwn.com too. Not sure how coverage is in your area but DC/northern VA are good. PM me if you have any questions.

Code 3 IP

I recently became a Dispatcher for Code 3 Incident Page. They offer free service for all subscribers and dispatchers. They are looking to expand there Northeastern Coverage Area. Visit them at www.code3ip,com

Status
Not open for further replies.