Incident Paging Companies/Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

I am looking for a good incident paging group/company do join to page for. I am a major scanner buff so I wanted to know which ones are good. I already have tried BNN and 1RWN, as well as IPN. Are there any alternatives? I want one that is fairly simple to use...

Thanks!

nnjradiotech

Premium Subscriber
These threads come up every now and then and they always become a "mine's better than your's" argument. I have had them all also, they all are good at times and bad at times. If you want "ONE" that covers the majority of things, you will need to get them ALL.

Also, there are a few radio buff groups in the NJ area. Again, they don't get everything but the majority of major incidents are definitely covered.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Thanks RadioTech! I wanted to maybe setup a sticky for incidents going on in certain areas or maybe a Twitter? You are in Morris Co, right? Do you have any ideas?

One other possibility I was thinking about doing was signing up to become an IPN dispatcher since RR is now partners with them - would this make more sense?

Last edited:

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
I bit the bullet and sent in an application to become a dispatcher with IPN - I am in Morris Co - do they have decent coverage around here? How do they compare with other companies?

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
I'm here.

Based on the history of pages on the live audio pages here it seems their coverage in NJ needs a lot of help.

Last I looked there were no pages in over 24 hours.

Of course, that could be some fluke of some kind.

freightguy

It could be that they are going out to the wrong counties, like here in CT. I've been working with IPN Support to correct the misdirected alerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.