Incident Paging Services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Alertpage Inc

images

Alertpage Inc. provides Public Safety Incident Information as the incident happens. We supply News Media, Schools, Institutions, Companies, County Officials, as well as the general public with fast real-time Incident Information via Mobile SMS & Email 24 Hours a day 7 Days a week. For more information see our Services area.

Last edited:
Try Home Code 3 Incident Page. A Premiere news notification service supported by volunteers who monitor active emergency incidents using Fire/Police Scanners & Online Emergency Service Feeds.

EDS63c11

The majority of their alerts are copied from Twitter users and other paging services.

It's funny that you say that. I've been with Alert Page, IPN, and 1RWN, and ALL those services take info from Twitter like it's cute, as well as steal each other groups pages. All The Admins are subscribers on each others CAD's and take their info without crediting. Dispatchers take and page info from twitter without crediting the person who first tweeted it.

At Least UEA is respectful enough to Actually add the Co-Credit to the person on twitter who they got the info from giving them credit for the incident details, and just like the admins on 1rwn, ipn, alertpage, and ia1, they tell their dispatchers if you get the info from twitter, facebook, or another group. confirm it, reword and page it.

so the paid services STEAL other peoples info without a thankyou to the people who they got it from.

Don't BASH what ya don't know.

I have sean My Twitter Alerts go over IPN with the Same Address I put, and I sometimes change the address slightly Same with 1rwn, IA1, and Alert Page. So I Know for a fact that they send out my alerts. I'll change the cross streets. Instead of 34th st & 2nd Ave. I'll put 2nd ave & e 34th st. and they will page it just like that just slightly reword my text. STEALERS!!! The Paid services just want to make money off of the people who do this as a hobby. GREAT!

gregsto

It's funny that you say that. I've been with Alert Page, IPN, and 1RWN, and ALL those services take info from Twitter like it's cute, as well as steal each other groups pages. All The Admins are subscribers on each others CAD's and take their info without crediting. Dispatchers take and page info from twitter without crediting the person who first tweeted it.

At Least UEA is respectful enough to Actually add the Co-Credit to the person on twitter who they got the info from giving them credit for the incident details, and just like the admins on 1rwn, ipn, alertpage, and ia1, they tell their dispatchers if you get the info from twitter, facebook, or another group. confirm it, reword and page it.

so the paid services STEAL other peoples info without a thankyou to the people who they got it from.

Don't BASH what ya don't know.

I have sean My Twitter Alerts go over IPN with the Same Address I put, and I sometimes change the address slightly Same with 1rwn, IA1, and Alert Page. So I Know for a fact that they send out my alerts. I'll change the cross streets. Instead of 34th st & 2nd Ave. I'll put 2nd ave & e 34th st. and they will page it just like that just slightly reword my text. STEALERS!!! The Paid services just want to make money off of the people who do this as a hobby. GREAT!

I have to take issue with your characterizing Alertpage this way. I am a dispatch supervisor there and I can tell you that at $20 PER YEAR for unlimited alerts from unlimited states and counties that fee barely covers the overhead of hardware (including scanners since we run broadcastify feeds in MD and OH at multiple locations), software, servers, etc. No one at Alertpage is getting rich. It is owned by a full time career fire captain from Ohio.

We have a STRICT, ZERO TOLERANCE policy regarding using information from twitter or ANY unofficial source including alerts sent by other services. If a dispatcher does it they are gone. Only personally confirmed incidents and details (direct radio traffic, direct communication with public safety professionals at the scene, etc.) are allowed. If EVER you see what you believe is a "stolen" and reproduced item I encourage you to contact us via our website and let us know.

I am an unpaid participant at Alertpage. I have no substantive dog in this hunt and no financial interest. I am simply aware of what goes on behind the scenes there, and it is a quality service run by a man of integrity who won't stand for any of the nonsense described.

Like you said..."Don't bash what ya don't know".

"AP18"

gregsto

Also for a look at what Alerpage sends out go toFire Fighter Close Calls.com

The top frame is real time for our major incidents (2+ alarm fires, MCIs, etc.) nation wide. The lower frame is on a 2 hour delay and contains all of the Fire pages we send out. No EMS/PD/Traffic or Weather is listed however.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I can confirm everything that gregsto has stated. I have paged for Alertpage.com for two years. I only page what I actually hear on my scanners or the live feeds here on Broadcastify. I do not even look at twitter or the other services because of their inaccuracies. I previously paged for IPN and US Emergalerts and was told that my pages were boring and I needed to "make-up" more information. I resigned immediately. I also post accurate alerts on my Broadcastify feed when I hear, and confirm, an incident. I (we) take accuracy and integrity very seriously. Yes there may be some similarities, but the information has to first be confirmed via scanner, live feeds or archive communications.

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
In Michigan, a lot of us utilize a closed group on Facebook, for relaying information on emergency events. It covers the whole state; obviously the more populated areas get more coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.