Incorrect Freqs in RR for Miami-Dade P25 Site 102

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbertopp

While spending two days trying to monitor the Miami-Dade P25 I have noticed that there is incorrect info regarding Site 102.

1. RR lists the control channel as 853.1375. However the correct control channel is 852.4125.
2. I am missing transmissions, as if some of the frequencies listed for Site 102 may be incorrect. Or they are mixed up from another Site. Dispatchers are talking and getting responses but looks like some of the freqs in RR listed for Site 102 are not for that site and I am not getting those unit responses. I verified this by setting a TG on 'HOLD' to hear the back-and-forth.

For those of you that have the ability to verify the freqs using one of those capture programs, please double check and let us know if what is listed in RR is currently correct.

Thank

n4yek

While spending two days trying to monitor the Miami-Dade P25 I have noticed that there is incorrect info regarding Site 102.

1. RR lists the control channel as 853.1375. However the correct control channel is 852.4125.
Alot of times, a trunk system will have two or three frequencies to use as a control channels. Some systems rotate freqs on a regular basis and others might only rotate once in a blue moon. Looks like you found another control channel, you need to submit that to the database so it can be updated.
2. I am missing transmissions, as if some of the frequencies listed for Site 102 may be incorrect.
Thanks
You didn't mention your scanner model so I can't give specifics. If you are using Uniden, then use 'Control Channel Only' mode on the trunk system.
If your scanner is set to 'control channel only', then all you would program is the control channels anyway. The trunk system will broadcast in the data stream where it is going to transmit and your scanner will follow it. There is no need to have all 20 freqs programmed, others will argue with this though.

Last edited:

qbertopp

neyek,
My model is a Uniden 996XT. How do I set it for 'Only Control Channel Mode'? This is a Harris P25 system.

Thanks

Last edited:

n4yek

I don't have this scanner, I have a 396T model and I have an option to turn it on or off. Looking at the Easy to Read webpage for your scanner, Easier to Read BCD996XT Digital Scanner Manual, It mentions Control Channel Only but from the way I read it, it is always on in your 996XT. That being the case all you would ever need to do is enter the control channels and don't have to do anymore.

SCPD

QRT
Although it is true a BCD996XT is by default a Control Channel Only scanner, Harris systems can use any frequency as a control channel so you have to enter all twenty frequencies listed in the RRDB.

So really the RRDB should list all the freqs. as control channels.

See this Harris system: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5133

Status
Not open for further replies.