Increased California Military Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

emt_531

In the last 2 or 3 days I noticed a huge increase of F-16's flying here in the Central Valley, normally you might hear or see two a day, but just last night alone, I heard tons of them. I also noticed a military convoy driving through the city of Visalia towing trailers with what looked like sattelite dishes on the back of them. Does anybody have any idea why, or what the dishes might be for. Or has anyone noticed increased military radio traffic?

W6KRU

In the last 2 or 3 days I noticed a huge increase of F-16's flying here in the Central Valley, normally you might hear or see two a day, but just last night alone, I heard tons of them. I also noticed a military convoy driving through the city of Visalia towing trailers with what looked like sattelite dishes on the back of them. Does anybody have any idea why, or what the dishes might be for. Or has anyone noticed increased military radio traffic?

Maybe related to this:
http://forums.radioreference.com/sa.../181572-potus-visit-tues-wed-sfo-fremont.html

kma371

QRT

The CAP flights are usually from Fresno ANG base. May be related to Obama visit.

judas12

Funny thing... Here in Southeast L.A. County, I've noticed a big increase over the past 2-3 months. Im always seeing Super Cobras, SeaHawks, Chinooks which before i would hardly see all that activity. I do here an occasional jet fighter passing through the night as well.. Kinda making me think, should i start stocking up on batteries, bullets etc. ?

DPD1

I think just a coincidence. The various units and groups go through workup schedules. For instance, one combined Marine air group will have periods where they do a lot of urban flying together across a few weeks, which leads to more traffic. Or one SQ might deploy to another range and fly each day. Pretty much business a usual.

karldotcom

You live in LA....you dont have bullets?

(okay that was a joke....but seriously, it is like having your scanner charged! gotta have it done! )

There is a DHS warning in TX....(and AZ I hear)

Last edited:

emt_531

Personally I dont believe this is all coincidence...With this issue going on with North Korea that has nuclear weapons and missiles capable of reaching the West Coast, I think this is directly related......

judas12

Personally I dont believe this is all coincidence...With this issue going on with North Korea that has nuclear weapons and missiles capable of reaching the West Coast, I think this is directly related......

I agree, i was at HMO in Anaheim a couple weeks ago and the dealer was talking so loud, it was impossible for me not to listen. He was telling a customer that his wife has a friend that is in CIA or Military, im not sure. He said that the US is secretly preparing for a major attack/disaster in the next 3 months. Personally, i think something will happen. Turn on the T.V nothing but wars, violence, famine, weird weather, oil spills, crime and it just seems everything is getting worse. I dont know if anything will happen in the next 3 months but things do not look good

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
With this issue going on with North Korea that has nuclear weapons and missiles capable of reaching the West Coast

1) They don't

2) What is a F-16 going to do? Shoot one down over LA?

I agree, i was at HMO in Anaheim a couple weeks ago and the dealer was talking so loud, it was impossible for me not to listen

He had to get it through all the tin foil hats for those who were listening... His wife's friend works in a government agency, and is spreading rumors about a secret government attack. Anything perk up your "crazy" sensor in that ;) ?

judas12

1) They don't

He had to get it through all the tin foil hats for those who were listening... His wife's friend works in a government agency, and is spreading rumors about a secret government attack. Anything perk up your "crazy" sensor in that ;) ?

Yeah thats true. Its just like Turners, go in and buy a firearm and all they tell u is to buy more guns and more bullets and blah blah blah because civil / revolution war is not too far away.. And we're all gonna fight and kill and all that brainwashing crap. We need to form our own gang. The Radio Reference Gang

judas12

1) They don't

Supposedly our country will be attacked, kinda like a 9/11....... or a major natural disaster like a big earthquake or a freakin meteor impacting earth, not sure though. I was more annoyed with this guy talking loud in a small place

karldotcom

well, I read today they are predicting 13 hurricanes.....that will wash that oil around....

HRO though...You walk in to get a BNC connector and they always ask "So, would you like to get a radio with that?"

xbl325

Funny thing... Here in Southeast L.A. County, I've noticed a big increase over the past 2-3 months. Im always seeing Super Cobras, SeaHawks, Chinooks which before i would hardly see all that activity. I do here an occasional jet fighter passing through the night as well.. Kinda making me think, should i start stocking up on batteries, bullets etc. ?
Seen this too -- Chinooks working their way up from around central DTLA up over the 101 headed North.

I think I saw a couple of them where one had the (visibility) lights on at night and the other one flying next to it was dark. Is this a common practice for night maneuvers or something?

DPD1

Yes... It's normal training practice for the lead to be the only one that is lit in the formation.

gman65

Premium Subscriber
Don't forget Iran

I doubt we're up to anything directly. But if they know Israel is planning to pull the switch they need to be prepared. Iran has test fired missiles off of container ships in the gulf and has some annoyance terrorist capability. Not to mention what Hugo could have stashed for them down south.

As far as a North Korean shot to the west coast, it is highly doubtful they could get one this close. Even if they did, the Arrow missile system and the AEGIS system can drop them. Arrow is Israel's medium range version of the Patriot...The earlier version was supposed to be battle tested in 03, but the test dummy didn't cooperate.

However, the EMP from an off shore nuke would have an impact on any electronics in the region...

Status
Not open for further replies.