Increasing scan speed???

Status
Not open for further replies.

martell1289

I have a BCD396T scanner and it is actively broadcasting on Radio Reference daily. I also have a Radio Shack Pro 2032 right beside it and noticed that the scan speed on the 2032 was extremely fast compared to the BCD396T. Does anyone know if the scan rate can be increased on the BCD396T? (oh ya, Yes I do understand that one is based on memory and the other uses programmed banks).

One more thing, has anyone figured out how to broadcast more than one scanner transmission (using 2 different scanners) at the same time through scannercast or any other software? Is this even possible?

Thanks

eaf1956

Feed Provider
STEREO Feed

One more thing, has anyone figured out how to broadcast more than one scanner transmission (using 2 different scanners) at the same time through scannercast or any other software? Is this even possible?

Thanks

I couldn't get a STEREO feed to work with SCANNERCAST, it wanted to put one channel on BOTH sides. The only way I ever got STEREO feed to work with 2 scanners was with PROSCAN. I tried buying a new sound card and new cables but the software just didn't seem to want to work in STEREO mode.

KC9LVX Evansville, IN Feed

kpoe_28

I have a BCD396T scanner and it is actively broadcasting on Radio Reference daily. I also have a Radio Shack Pro 2032 right beside it and noticed that the scan speed on the 2032 was extremely fast compared to the BCD396T. Does anyone know if the scan rate can be increased on the BCD396T? (oh ya, Yes I do understand that one is based on memory and the other uses programmed banks).

Thanks

If you use FreeScan for programing you BCT396T....
1st download scanner to FreeScan
2nd at the top of the page click on "Tools"
3rd click on "Automatic Scanner Optimizer"
4th run the "Duplicate Frequencies" & "Frequency Sorting" & "Long Hold Times"
5th upload to your scanner

This seemed to speed mine up a little bit. Hope this helps....73's

Kevin

Last edited:

rasputen246

I couldn't get a STEREO feed to work with SCANNERCAST, it wanted to put one channel on BOTH sides. The only way I ever got STEREO feed to work with 2 scanners was with PROSCAN. I tried buying a new sound card and new cables but the software just didn't seem to want to work in STEREO mode.

KC9LVX Evansville, IN Feed

I am using ScannerCast and broadcasting one of my feeds in stereo with no problems. I am using the Radio Shack Airplane Y adaptor.
This is so I can catch everything on the SO dispatch channel (Right) while getting Fire & EMS on the Left. It works great and as I had NEVER sent any feed before , it took me 15 min. to get it up and running.

The problem is not in ScannerCast if you are using the latest version. I am running the full version not thr RR version.

HTH.....check the feeds in my sig.
Rutherford County is the stereo feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.