Independence County OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Anyone in the Independence County area of the state know of the change being made to the OEM channel? My dad said he heard an "all page" message transmitted this morning reminding all departments of the channel change and that they must update their radios to be able to use them anymore...but he either didn't hear any specifics or none were given (obviously the departments knew more about it).

Anyone know? I'm not sure if it's just a code change, a frequency change, or what.

Thanks in advance!

btritch

Anyone in the Independence County area of the state know of the change being made to the OEM channel? My dad said he heard an "all page" message transmitted this morning reminding all departments of the channel change and that they must update their radios to be able to use them anymore...but he either didn't hear any specifics or none were given (obviously the departments knew more about it).

Anyone know? I'm not sure if it's just a code change, a frequency change, or what.

Thanks in advance!

It's Most Likely A Frequency/Code Change To Narrowband, Greene County Will Be Doing That This Month, However, They May Have Just Changed Codes And Left The Frequency The Same, That's What We're Doing.. You May Take The Code Out And See If You Still Hear Them..

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I switched the code setting on my pro-106 to Search and it ended up showing up as the same CTCSS as before when I finally heard traffic...so I guess they could've changed input freq or just added a channel I don't know about yet. Oh well, I'll keep monitoring...

Thanks--

btritch

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ok, here's your information
Independence County SO is on UHF frequency 460.1625
Also see what 155.715 and 156.195 are... When you confirm and get pl tones please let me know

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ok, here's your information
Independence County SO is on UHF frequency 460.1625
Also see what 155.715 and 156.195 are... When you confirm and get pl tones please let me know

OK I'll add them and see what I hear. I'm still hearing traffic on the old OEM channel - fire pages and other traffic - too so we'll see what comes across. I'll search the PL as well.

Thanks for the information!

Last edited:

btritch

OK I'll add them and see what I hear. I'm still hearing traffic on the old OEM channel - fire pages and other traffic - too so we'll see what comes across. I'll search the PL as well.

Thanks for the information!
There's a lot more too but if you confirm those and get the PL's and we know they are active, I'll send some more but I didn't see a point in entering a bunch of numbers if it's dead air..

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
There's a lot more too but if you confirm those and get the PL's and we know they are active, I'll send some more but I didn't see a point in entering a bunch of numbers if it's dead air..

True! I did pick up a repeater transmitting the morse code station identifier on the 155.715 (with no PL, of course, on that transmission) but no voice traffic yet. I believe the 156.195 is the county road dept but I'll monitor to confirm.

Paying attention to the patrol cars I can only recall seeing 1 or 2 VHF antennas on the trunk and some have a 800MHz antenna (silver just like the ASP cars) for use with the AWIN system (some have that radio, some don't...usually supervisors, etc., do). I say that to say I'm not sure those UHF frequencies listed on the database (or the one you sent) will get anything...but they may. Maybe there is an upgrade or change-over going on. I'll pay closer attention to the cars over the next few days and see if anything has changed.

They like to keep us hopping in scanner land! :lol:

btritch

True! I did pick up a repeater transmitting the morse code station identifier on the 155.715 (with no PL, of course, on that transmission) but no voice traffic yet. I believe the 156.195 is the county road dept but I'll monitor to confirm.

Paying attention to the patrol cars I can only recall seeing 1 or 2 VHF antennas on the trunk and some have a 800MHz antenna (silver just like the ASP cars) for use with the AWIN system (some have that radio, some don't...usually supervisors, etc., do). I say that to say I'm not sure those UHF frequencies listed on the database (or the one you sent) will get anything...but they may. Maybe there is an upgrade or change-over going on. I'll pay closer attention to the cars over the next few days and see if anything has changed.

They like to keep us hopping in scanner land! :lol:
Yes the 156.195 is the road dept according to the FCC, The UHF is the new FCC listing for them, They may not have completely changed yet, It could be they went to fulltime AWIN as well... Just let me know if you confirm anything.. It's possible it could be digital and you won't hear it also..
The 155.715 says it's for city patrol and the contact on it is a constable.. it COULD be the county constables...

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yes the 156.195 is the road dept according to the FCC, The UHF is the new FCC listing for them, They may not have completely changed yet, It could be they went to fulltime AWIN as well... Just let me know if you confirm anything.. It's possible it could be digital and you won't hear it also..
The 155.715 says it's for city patrol and the contact on it is a constable.. it COULD be the county constables...

OK. Something that might, MIGHT be a factor, too, is a few months ago there was talk of the city of Batesville going back to having their own police force instead of having the sheriff's dept cover the city through an interlocal agreement. I wonder if some of these channels could be in case that happens/happened? I'd find it weird that they'd want to have some radios on vhf and some on uhf but I know it happens. I seriously hope they don't go to that digital stuff we can't hear. I personally think that is just plain wrong but that's for a different discussion...

btritch

Here in my county, They're changing the City PD, City Fire, and EMS Service (Within A Year), And The County Sheriff's Department over to UHF scrambled NexEDGE digital that can't be heard by anybody without a matching radio and special code. They're Leaving The Rescue Squad and All Of The County Fire Departments On VHF Narrowband and not giving us NexEDGE radio's...They're supposed to keep their VHF active JUST so we and other departments can talk to them but it will ONLY be dispatch, NO field communications will be heard by anyone outside the department.. So YES, A SPLIT COUNTY IS POSSIBLE.. Trust Me!!!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Here in my county, They're changing the City PD, City Fire, and EMS Service (Within A Year), And The County Sheriff's Department over to UHF scrambled NexEDGE digital that can't be heard by anybody without a matching radio and special code. They're Leaving The Rescue Squad and All Of The County Fire Departments On VHF Narrowband and not giving us NexEDGE radio's...They're supposed to keep their VHF active JUST so we and other departments can talk to them but it will ONLY be dispatch, NO field communications will be heard by anyone outside the department.. So YES, A SPLIT COUNTY IS POSSIBLE.. Trust Me!!!

Oh I believe it...I just think it's illogical! lol

Maybe there are factors I don't know. They do already have some scrambled VHF comms here but it's just scrambled analog.

btritch

Oh I believe it...I just think it's illogical! lol

Maybe there are factors I don't know. They do already have some scrambled VHF comms here but it's just scrambled analog.
From What I See, Lawrence County Is About To Be The Same Way... NXDN SUCKS!!! Anyway, Let me know what you find!!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Just an update on this... nothing! I haven't heard any communication on any of the other frequencies I added to monitor and all communication on the 'old' frequencies is still active and normal. I've heard no more talk of any radio changes. Still keeping my eye on the patrol cars, etc., to watch for new antennas to show up but so far nothing.

btritch

Just an update on this... nothing! I haven't heard any communication on any of the other frequencies I added to monitor and all communication on the 'old' frequencies is still active and normal. I've heard no more talk of any radio changes. Still keeping my eye on the patrol cars, etc., to watch for new antennas to show up but so far nothing.

Hmmm.. Well Greene County Hasn't Switched Over Yet Either.... We were supposed to on April 1st but we haven't yet.. Lawrence County Has Indeed Changed.. They used the same frequencies and just changed PL tones, But Lawrence County Is Fully Narrowband.. Not really sure on the status of indepenence county ..

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm.. Well Greene County Hasn't Switched Over Yet Either.... We were supposed to on April 1st but we haven't yet.. Lawrence County Has Indeed Changed.. They used the same frequencies and just changed PL tones, But Lawrence County Is Fully Narrowband.. Not really sure on the status of indepenence county ..

If you know of any other frequencies for our county to give a shot feel free to let me know. I haven't noticed anything different - no missing comms or anything on the 'old' channels - but that doesn't mean they aren't changing.

I did notice some of the city utility trucks now have a new magnetic mount antenna that looks like it may be 800Mhz or possibly UHF (it's short and has a center load or whatever) that they may be using but I don't typically have any interest in monitoring them so I pretty much ignore it.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: I heard some scrambled comms on 158.760 which is one that I added recently. Obviously I can't understand anything but based on the 'sound' of the scrambled voices it does sound like a couple of our deputies talking about something. PL on it is 146.2 (same that they use on most of the sheriff dept channels and OEM main channel)

Status
Not open for further replies.