Independence, MO - Agencies solving mutual radio issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkpair

In the upcoming years, Independence is required to meet a Federal Communications Commission mandate to increase radio spectrum efficiency. That means moving from 700 MHz to an 800 MHz frequency spectrum.

And we wonder why our country is broke.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Since when did it become a "mandate" to move from 700 MHz to 800? I thought the whole idea behind 700 was to alleviate congestion on the 800 meg bands. Sounds like someone was fed a crock of B.S. by a radio salesman...

Last edited:
The news article did not give complete details about the changes being made. Since Independence has a fairly new 700MHz syste, this may only be a matter of programming in order to be a part of the statewide system being installed and to wirk with Blue Springs and the fire district. Hold your horses until you now the facts. The state of Missouri and the city of Kansas City are making major changes in communications and all for the better.

scannerowner

I'm wondering if it will be for MARRS... Maybe Blue Springs will be 800 while Independence stays on 700. Who knows, but I'm hoping it won't be P25 Phase II...

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Doubt we'll see P25 Phase II around here anytime soon. That would likely require a costly replacement of subscriber units and other equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.